Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Yesterday I began

looking around for MP3 video players. I like the Itouch because of all the features but I don’t like the price. I read lots of reviews even though I don’t like Real audio that much, I think the best MP3 video player out there for my money is Creative Labs Zen. The Itouch 16Gb version is $360. I can afford it with my vacation pay but some people tell me at work is to wait a year and Apple will come out with a 64Gb/128Gb Version. An 8Gb Itouch will cost me $285. The Hard drive will cost me $90.WS will cost me at least $120. I want a MP3 video player and I also want $20-30 for myself. I might go with out the video player and focus on the hard drive and WS. Obtaining WS is going to be a bit more difficult because I need to go get a Money Mart prepaid CC. But WS is an online application. It’s not a physical product but that’s ok. I can be up and running that in minutes. The Hard drive and WS are more useful tools then a video MP3 player. I can always get one next year.

This weekend is the Edmonton Indy race. I’m not a fan of racing because of the noise of the engines and all. Though I am sympathetic towards it. The event is good for the City. Somewhere between the end of K-Day’s and the August 1st long weekend is Heritage days. Actually Heritage days is August 2nd-4th. When I first came to Edmonton 30 years ago it was right after Heritage days. We Didn’t have the Fringe back then. The first Fringe was 1982. I first came to Edmonton Wednesday August 17th 1978.

I’d have loved it if Jeff could have taken a picture of me getting off the Via rail train on that humid sunny Thursday afternoon. I didn’t bring any luggage because I didn’t think I’d be staying. I had a new color TV I had just bought and a new stereo, my UIC had just come in and I had rented a new apartment as well. The only thing 30 years ago at this time, I had no prospects for a job and I had no applications in and there was no way anyone could contact me for a job anyway. It wasn’t like we had cell phones back then.

Anne wants me to stay home tonight because she has the day off. I want to put a full week in because I want to get as much as possible for my vacation pay. I want to get the form from Rob and take my vacation pay out next week. Last night I got 5 CC’s for 7 so far on the week. I’d like to get 5 more CC’s for tonight and hopefully 20 for this week. I’m going in early tomorrow afternoon and Friday. At least I’ll have 29 hours in

My wife gave me $20 from the bottle run from yesterday and I should have another $25 coming in this week where I can pick up the last of those Science Fiction books at Audrey’s. I have 3 more of the Stardoc series. That’s 6/8. Then there’s the Mission Earth book. I have another 8 more to go on that. There are another 2 Karen Traviss books in her Wess'Har series that I need to get as well.

As for tonight it’s in for 4 hours. At least the paper balls have stopped flying, so that’s good news. Lately at the break I move over to bud’s dialer and work there for the remaining 2 hours. Other then that it’s the Dog day’s of summer.

Last night coming home about 9:30pm waiting on the bus at Clairview the Sunset was so beautiful spreading the whole Western sky in a glow of read pink through the clouds. I’ve never seen anything like it. This is why I need my camera charged up but the hours of daylight are dropping dusk at 9:45pm.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: