Saturday, July 19, 2008

I went into

work shutting the place down and alone at my bus stop just the way I like it. Weather wise it was +22C some cloud mostly bright and sunny. I was kind of worried about my cat Silky because he was no where to be found after I locked the place up. He’s most likely hiding somewhere. I brought $5.10 and a $20 along with me. At Clairview station as the train was waiting to pull out I cracked open my JU book to read and had a grand old time. At Corona station I got out and worked my way up through the concourse to street level and then across the open parking lot and to the drugstore and a diet Coke. “1 6/49 quick pick with the plus please.” That was for the $5.10.

I found my dialer and small talk with various staff and opened my thermos for a coffee. I scanned through the Metro and various assorted free community papers left lying around from the day staff. They hand these things out at Clairview station for free. I smile and nod no all the time. I have more important things to read then leftist/green news spin in short sound bites. I can browse them at work. Waste of paper.

We ended up doing BOB again. Uggh. After a rocky start it took me 40 minutes to get on the board. It got so loud there between JT, Sundeep,
Michelle, I could barely hear the customer. Thankfully the noise stops at break but I had $140 by break and no CC’s. I got a call from Audrey’s books.

Anne called shortly after that. I got 4 of the “Stardoc” books in. I think I have all of them in the series now. In the 2nd half I think I got 3 sales but we were beating the day shift. I ended up with one CC. I’m thinking that if Rob’s using my fluke 17 CC’s from 2 weeks ago as the new benchmark for 20 for tap shooters, not to many part time tap shooters are going to be getting any CC bonus money. On the cold and semi side they still need to get 12 CC’s.
To get 20 CC’s in one week is doable but not likely all the time. We’ve had 5 new people and one full time part time guy (me) 3 of the people were full time day shift. So because of my fluke 17 CC’s it basically spoils it for all the rest. Rob’s hoping I can get his 17 but best I could do last night was 1 for $40. As of last night I’m on for 14 CC’s. Not to dwell o n this too much but I know where I went wrong. I blame myself mostly for playing onto that CC team game. I get the CC’s mostly for a nightly bonus but Rob is always trying to find new ways to make it harder to get them. I need 6 more CC’s today and if we’re going to do BOB like I think we are, I won’t have much of a chance to get 6 today. So I try to make my CC bonus money in other ways.
After work I leisurely walked over to Audrey’s and there was Trevor. I went down and had a look at my stack of books. “Hey Mission Earth #1” was in. I thought these books were the Star Wars X-wing series but apparently they are “The New Jedi Order.” I checked with the order girl there to see if they were Young Adult. I had the 4 “Stardoc” books and the 2 Star Wars and one Mission Earth. I picked up the 2 Star Wars books. Book 1 and 2 Dark tide 1 and 2. I don’t know why I missed “Vector Prime.” Perhaps it’s out of print. According to the Fantastic Fiction website we looked at there was no indication that these were YA. I picked up the 2 Star Wars books and headed upstairs. Trevor and I went over my next book order series: Warhammer. I can’t believe I missed all these great series in the 1990’s. I could have got a lot of them at “Adventures” in the early 1990’s but I wasn’t into reading too much what with chasing after Mary and just trying to survive. I bought the odd book through out the 1990’s but nothing like I’m doing mow practically buying 1 or even 3 books/week. As long as Audrey’s continues to have the books on at American pricing, I’ll continue to special order. We ordered a few


Warhammer omnibus books. There were a lot of these books that are not in print. I’m sure they are in Ebay somewhere. I paid for my purchase and out the door to Corona station across the street. I don’t know why I don’t just go down the stairs on this side of the street? Amazing how I just only now think of this. It’s a lot of stairs but the stairs are all down. I’ll know better next time.

I got my train home but I just wanted to relax no book reading. I got in the apartment at about 9:15pm. With a bit of relief there was Silky up top looking down on me. And I forgot my reading glasses at the office as well. I did some Xl book keeping and lost track of time barely able to catch my wrestling. Smackdown was great. On a scale from 1-10, I’d rate it a 9. Anne came in and made me an Angus beef burger and fries and after that I watched ECW. That was 3 hours of wrestling goodness last night. I went into bed about 1:15am and listened to a bit of Coast. I slept for a good hour and felt totally refreshed, So much so that it was hard trying to go back to sleep. I did some reading and tried going back to sleep but what I got instead was mostly rest.

I got up at 7am with my alarm not going off. Strange. I went and checked Fantastic Fiction and found out that there is an “New Jedi Order” omnibus with the first 3 books including Vector Prime so I’ll be ordering this book Monday.

I think that’s about all for now. I’ll be out of here in about half an hour and I’m taking 5 bucks along with me for my Tim’s breakfast and my insulin. Not much going on for tonight either. I want to get some piano practice in.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: