Thursday, July 10, 2008

Not much going

lately. It's the dog days of summer. It’s a pretty nice day out there with some storm systems lurking around here and there. Again, we went to bed about 4am. Anne was in bed half an hour before me. 4am is when I like to do the cbi thing these days. The only time it changes is on Saturdays.

I’ve got Anne’s resume to use here and I’m calling a few people tonight to see if I can use their names as references. Anne doesn’t think that anyone is going to call them or anything. I’ll be working on that tonight and sending it off this time tomorrow. It kind of ruins my weekend because they do their training on the weekends but it’s just a one shot thing. If people already have another job nobody wants to work weekends.

Before bed Anne and I were watching a great program on the National Geographic channel called “Atom Smasher.” About the LHC and the massiveness of the project. The program was a year old. The system is ready and cooled down. What they are waiting for I have no idea. There are a lot of parts to this thing. The camera ATLAS is said to be able to take 40,000 pictures/second.

On Coast last night they were talking about Witchcraft, which is basically like Wicca with a bit of alchemy tossed into the brew. It’s an interesting topic. I would have listened to more but Anne was tired and didn’t that on all night.

Tonight it’s into work for my 4 hours and get my pay cheque. Of course minus the $34 I was expecting. I’m expecting about $235. Not great but I get anything over $200 is mine.

Still reading Pandora’s Star. I don’t ordinarily like big reads but I’m enjoying this one. I’d like to find a Peter F. Hamilton interview on The making of Pandora’s Star. I’ve read some PFH interviews before. I think I’ve got about 115 pages left to go and I should have it read by next weekend. Then I go on to the sequel.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: