Monday, July 14, 2008

One more from

last night but I missed this one of Sparky on my beat up desk. I've had this desk for almost 8 years and it's about ready for the bins. Under Sparly's mouth you can see my Pandora's Star book. I finnished it last night.



Here is a bit of a "review" of the book:

Skinny: A multi cast production in true Space Opera fashion. It’s starts off with an astronomer discovering a solar system that has been enclosed by a strange object. The anomaly is called the Dyson pair. The Commonwealth builds a ship to investigate it only to learn a horrible truth of a group mind alien called The Prime. You can figure the rest out from there.




Pros: Just when you think things are slowing down, they build up when you least expect it. Peter F. Hamilton’s saga of the Commonwealth has a lot of characters but handles them very adroitly. The book stays true with it’s theme and never deviates.

Con’s: Some long passages of description but necessary to the overall story. Other wise there are no Cons in the story.

Bottom line: I was expecting big things from this story and Hamilton delivered. I really enjoyed this book from cover to cover. Even the long passages of description. Buy the sequel together because you won’t want to wait for the next one.

5 e. Jim’s out of 5

Anyway Bloggers, that's all for now

e. Jim




No comments: