Friday, July 11, 2008

I got up on

the grumpy side of bed about 11:35am this morning. I wanted to sleep in but I kept on getting up to pee like every hour. Prostrate cancer? Who knows, I’m sure I’ve got something else going on.

I’m reading Peter F. Hamilton’s “Pandora’s Star” and with about 100 pages left in this huge read a surprise: One of the characters is taking something like a train circuit and the prose lists Edmonton as one of the stops. My city. I had to smile at that one. Usually on the international scene Edmonton is always missed because of Calgary. This time Calgary gets the snub. About time. I’m surprised a non Canadian international best selling author would even take the time to mention Edmonton. We’re usually off the radar screen here. Kudos to Peter F. Hamilton.

I assume Anne is going off to the bank this afternoon before she heads out to work. I’d like to go over to Audrey’s tonight to get my books if she gives me the $35 and I can get my 2 6/49 tickets and a bag of Cheese Pleasers would make the weekend complete. Even more so if I take Saturday off. Thing is Brandon is going to be there and it’s like a weekday shift.

Tonight it’s 3 hours of wrestling goodness. 2 hours of Smackdown followed by an hour of ECW. I’m in my glory.

I’m surprised what with the big fire going on in New Westminster the other day Dennis in his blog doesn’t even mention it this week. Since smoke drifted out of the old Woodlands school Wednesday right past his balcony. Woodlands was New West’s biggest fire to date and the building was one of it’s Heritage building sites.
Yet Dennis doesn’t even mention it.

This summer has been a big year for the Superhero movie genre. First up was Iron man and then the Hulk and now another Batman movie. Add Hancock to the list and that’s 4 Superhero movies out this year. Yeesh. Superhero is a kind of like a sub genre of Science Fiction but I think there’s way to many of them. It seems Hollywood is running out of ideas. The big blockbuster this year of course was the recent Indiana Jones movie. I don’t go to a lot of movies anymore, what with ticket prices being $8-12 ticket. If I decide to go see anything it will be at the dollar theater. I never really was a big “Going to the movies” type of guy.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: