Saturday, July 12, 2008

It was with some

hesitancy I decided to stay home today. Anne came in from work/late and handed me $20. What? No $35? I was a little put off by all of this until she reminded me about the $20 earlier. Right. She even suggested that this maneuver of mine to stay home is in way of protest to Rob’s changing the rules on me, again. It was my own fault because I ended up doing more then the required 12 CC’s by doing 17 last Saturday. He took a look at that Monday morning and though, “Shit, if he can do 17 he can do 20.” That’s all that was about. In response to this, I took today off.

Anne gave me my sleeping pill about 2:30am and we were in bed by 4am after I did the cbi thing and spent time with my wife. Other then getting up to pee every hour I had a pretty good sleep. I woke up at 1pm. Lord! Anne shortly afterwards. The pill was still in my system as I could have slept for another 2 hours easily.

I read some more and spent some time with Anne out on our balcony. We each talked about what we were going to do this afternoon. She’s going down to “The bread basket” and then to “Giant Tiger” and finally to the farmers market. Or the farm as she calls it. As for me I got dressed in my red T-shirt and genes and a gene style ball cap with my bus pass holder and $20 in my pouch with the intent of going out to Audrey’s for a book.

We waited outside in the beautiful warm weather for awhile and she decided she’d go feed the birds in the Superstore abandon lot across the street from us. The weather report earlier said the wind was coming in at about 19 kmh. Excellent. She made a hand signal to me that she was going on her way. My bus came and took me to Clairview station. I got a diet Coke to have on the way in. A bit of a wait for the train so I read “Pandora’s Star” until my train came in. I got to the front of the train. Three cars on the train today and it was packed. Most people were heading down to the street performers festival anyway. Great time of year just before “Capital X.” K-days. Lots of things for people to do this summer. I got to Corona station and the escalator up to the upper concourse and 3 flights of stairs to the street. Audrey’s was twenty feet from the subway stairs. I checked the special order books and there were only 2 of the Stardoc books there for me and 3 of the X-Wing Star Wars books. Plus the 2 Vanguard books. At the special order desk I pondered over which was the first one in the series. Maybe I should have checked this before I left. I paid for my purchase and crossed the intersection and down the other way. I initially thought about Tim’s and a coffee but then against it. The train ride home was uneventful but the weather was nice waiting for a #183 while reading my book. Then home.

It took me half an hour to write this entry. Initially I thought this book was other chracters not in TOS. Yet this being my 4th Star Trek book I bought in this decade and upon closer examination the back cover told me differently. It’s 2 books and I feel better about getting them. What was I thinking?

Tonight, I’m going to work on the Pizza resume after supper and sort that out. The idea is to have it emailed hopefully Monday night after work. I’m going to keep both my current job and Pizza and then if Pizza is something I’m comfortable with then I’d love to say to Rob, something like ”I’d like to get my vacation pay out and give you my notice. My last day is Friday January 2nd.” This way I get my cheque and one more will be waiting for me with my stat pay for the following week. In theory. Also tonight, I’m going to do some more piano work we’ll be having supper about 7pm and lunch around midnight and that will wrap up Saturday. So far it’s a decent weekend shaping up. COH: $12.66. I might even swing us a half case of beer as well.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: