Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I locked

everything up headed out into the thick humid air. I felt pretty good. I even put my sunglasses on. I got my 6/49 ticket and my diet Coke and caught the train into Corona station. I didn’t realize it then until later but I did go pick up the 3 “Warcraft” books. My three out of 4 books for July. I got to the front of the office where I met JT and Kingsley out having a smoke and had a brief chat with them. I found my dialer all right and I went straight for the CC’s sheet. Coincidently on my dialer. Sure enough my 12 CC‘s to qualify weren’t on it. I was really pissed off. I worked hard for those CC’s. Thing is I wouldn’t have minded so much if one of the managers had come up to me and said, “Oh Jim you weren’t here yesterday but Rob said that effective as of Monday if you miss a day without a Doctors note, then any CC’s that you have earned will be lost.”
I could live with that. But no, I have to hear about this from another employee. Second hand the following Tuesday. The day after the Rob changed the rules. Nobody had the guts to come up to me and said, “Jim…” Sure it wasn’t much. Just $24 involved but that’s 3 books. I was really pissed off. I resolved not to get any CC sales, of if I do, here’s my close, “Mrs. Jones your mailing address is….” “Now Mrs. Jones, would you prefer to make payment by credit card or would you prefer by the mail?” This way, I’m asking but in a discouraging way. And I don’t on every call either and I’m closing with the disclaimer so they know it’s a third party. Unfortunately I got one CC’s and the thing is, I don’t go up and put them on the board anymore. To top things off I got a “heat call.” Only my 2nd one, that I know of. Greg said I couldn’t pronounce the name of the customer so I tried and hung up. So she called back and complained.

So, this week Anne is going to get her Consumer resume out and I can use that as a template and I’m going to apply at Pizza. If I get on I’ll work until September at XL and after September 15th call it a career there and work Pizza full time. Once at Pizza I’m also looking at the SGJ hopefully from 5-9 and Pizza from 9:30-1am. Hopefully the SGJ will be right downtown and I can just walk to Pizza. That’d be excellent. Rob’s not going to pay me anymore here. After September 15th it would have been 8 years on the job.

As for now, it’s Canada Day and I have today off. Rob said that for anyone that wants to work Canada Day, will get paid time and a half. Most of this will go towards taxes anyway. If I can get both pizza and Xl going, I’m going to get a Doctor’s note that basically says no Weekends. “My Patient needs at least 2 days off.”

My wife and I still talk about poor Budgie. We miss him. It’s been a week now as of 2pm tomorrow. This summer hasn’t been going very well for us. Anne and I lose my wife’s allowance we’ve been getting and depending on for 8 years, getting news about our apartment, losing Budgie last week. About the only good thing this season so far is getting our TV.

Speaking about our apartment and the “inspection” after I got off my bus here at about 9:30pm I took a little walk out by our apartment and saw balcony’s worse then ours. The apartment down the back of ours in #208 down the hall has plant pots knee deep from end to end. People still have thatching boarding up half of their balcony and the Avon woman upstairs still has her balcony loaded with junk. We have out rent money here for this month but if this place takes our rent money and gives us a 14 day notice, then I’m going to take some photos and go to our MLA and complain.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: