Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I had a headache

going into work yesterday afternoon but maybe something to eat and a coffee will cheer me up. I got in feeling very happy. Broke but happy. I found my end dialer and had a chat about music with Fran as she was ready to go home. Hey, the CC report is up, lets go check it for my bonuses. My 17 CC’s were displayed but what’s this? Did that Shithead Rob screw me around again? I got my $15 CC team bonus for Saturday but where were the $34 CC bonus? By this time my head was pounding. I was in a bad mood and I wasn’t going to ask for CC’s at all because of this and I was letting people know it. There was talk about GST cheques coming in. I went on that when mine comes in I’m taking the day off (alluding to the CC mishap.)

All that and I had a decent 7pm total as well when Anne called at break and we had a talk. I let her know what happened with my CC sales. I wasn’t very happy to say the least. I mentioned to Greg I had a huge headache and he offered me some Advil. Half an hour I was feeling a lot better and I cheered up.

Greg’s putting together an NFL office pool for the regular season and the playoffs. It’s a $20 fee. 15 people 30 teams. Should be fun. I hope I get San Francisco and Pittsburgh. This next time I’m keeping the $300 if I win.
I left and had a little talk with the Security guard who knows all about XL and says that Rob changed the rules on the CC (again) now it’s 20 to qualify. She said Cathy R was so disappointed about it she almost cried. I’m not playing the CC game at all unless there’s a team bonus on a Saturday but I’m going to keep Xl and hopefully get Pizza and I’m going to take Saturday’s off from Xl and Pizza and let Xl just up and send me a “Services are no longer required.” notice. This is how they fire people now. They send them a letter. Once and if I get on at Pizza and do well this is how I want to leave Xl.

All this and I ended up on a high note closing out at $650. Ha, and no CC’s on the night although I had 2-3 CC options I never even mentioned it. On the way out after the Security guard I met Moe and Tom and I asked Moe about the change in CC sales and why I didn’t get mine and he said he would look into it for me. I refuse to have anything more to do with Rob.

Over at Keith Graham’s Blog he’s been having a nifty little widget called “Bloggers Blog This.” By clicking on the icon it opens a link post of his Blog entry directly on ones Blogger Blog page. I tried this out and it posts automatically as a separate Blog post and allows you to add HTML and comment. I’m wondering if this is his own java invention or something Blogger has dreamed up. What ever it is, it’s pretty cool but Blogger has had something simmilar on their toobar for quite sometime now called "send to" but it sadly only works in Blogger. I did this July 1st and I got a ton of hits. Since my Blogger site went live a month ago, I’ve had 282 hits. My website has had a lot more then that of course. I put different things on each site. Blogger is great for photo’s so this is where you’ll see more of my day to day photo’s.

I’m really disappointed in my “Bloglines” widget. It keeps popping up like ever ten minutes and I have no idea why it’s doing this. It’s really beginning to annoy me. I like the service because when my website goes down I have all my Blogs on a separate location but now that I have my Blogger account up live and running again I don’t really see the use of having Bloglines. I’ll keep it running just in case but will delete this service if it’s bugging me to much.

I checked the LHC countdown clock again and seems they have reset this thing for another 30 days until activation. Now it won’t be until August. WTF? I apologize for harping on this thing way to much.

Anyway we got our GST cheque in $120/quarter. The next one won’t be in until October once every 4 months. That’s like 6.6 bus passes for us. Speaking about taxes and all, Liberal Leader Dion was in Edmonton today speaking to a youth conference on Climate change. The idea is to tax GHG polluters but we know where the “Green Shift” will end up hurting Albertans more then anyone else. His tax will take something like $14.5B out of our local economy and send us into an economic rescission because “Why should only Alberta be enjoying a boom right?” Spread the wealth around. What Dion and the rest of the have not Green’s don’t fail to understand is that indirectly we are spreading the wealth around. We’re spreading it around every time some yokel from Manitoba comes out West and gets a job here that pays $12/hour. There’s lots of work here but the boom won’t last for ever. Even more so when Shithead like Dion and Jack Layton get their way. And what about the auto industry in Ontario? Do you think they are going to toot Dion’s carbon tax horn? We can only hope that Dion won’t get elected Oct 19th 2009. That’s the next Federal election here in Canada. If he does watch for the carbon tax to be enforced almost immediate. A lot can happen over the next 16 months though.

Oh and Monday night Raw was pretty good last night.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: