Sunday, July 6, 2008

Home and rituals

I’ve no aspirations on becoming a world traveler. My life is dull, quiet and uninteresting. You know that’s the way I like it. A big travel adventure for me is going across town for something like I did a few weekends at WEM.

I like staying at home or at best heading into work. I like stability. When I come me I’m in my shorts, underwear. I know more info then you need to know. Right now I’m unshaven since yesterday morning and sitting in fornt of the screen in my gonch. My week for the most part is Monday at 4pm I’m out there at the bus shelter in my genes running shoes and a T-shirt when it’s warm and my back pack waiting for a bus to Clairview. A pouch on a chain is draped around my neck is where I keep some cash, my bus pass and cell phone. Twice a week I like to pick up a lottery ticket and a Diet Coke and by 4:20pm I’m at Corona station heading up 2 escalators for the ramp just outside Tim Horton’s. The ramp takes me up to the parkade emptying out and to 106th st across the street from the Baker Center building. I go through 2 sets of doors or to the pharmacy for some cheese pleasers and then to the elevator. A friendly hi to the security guard then to the 2nd floor and I’m finding my end dialer, From there I’m collecting pop cans and after I’ve gotten a good haul it’s wash my hands and get a recap and have a coffee. Then the night room manager gives a kick off and we work. By 7pm Anne is calling to chat and I’m back at it until 9pm. At 9pm I’ve everything packed up and ready to go for my train at 9:20pm. There’s my #183 and that gives me a brief five minutes where I can read and then the bus pulls out by 9:45pm and I’m home and fire up the computer and or catch an Oiler game or wrestling. Anne is in by about 10:15pm and starts supper an hour later. At 11pm I’m watching the news to midnight. A bit of “Entertainment tonight” and by 12:30am I’m on the computer. Most often on the computer blogging or reading until 3am. We put on Coast and by 4:00am I’m doing the cbi thing and back to bed for 8 hours. I’m up at noon to catch the markets and then back to the computer to check on my blogs etc. By 2pm Anne’s up and about doing her thing. Sometimes she goes out to get some things for an hour. About 2:30pm the computer is shut off and I’m having a shower cleaning up getting into my jeans and Anne’s making us a lunch and my sandwiches etc. At 2pm I’m taking my insulin and watching Star Trek or something. Anne’s out the door by 3:30pm and I’m cleaning up, getting my thermos ready for coffee my 2 cans of pop etc. By 4pm I’m outside waiting for the bus and the whole procedure starts like that Monday through Friday.

The only times that changes is when I go to my lodge nights every other Thursday and Saturday. Saturdays I get up early at 6:30am wake up do my blogging etc and get ready to leave to catch the 9am bus. You can almost set your clock by me during the week half the time.

This exercise is basically to show how much my life has settled down over the last 8 years. Sure I’ve had my ups and downs, like getting married in 2000, joining my lodge in 2002 writing several books that never got anywhere. I recall in 2004 acquiring diabetes. That was a real downer. I also recall obtaining Sparky and Sporty. Other then Anne and I fighting from time to time things have been really ho hum. One of the more happier moments I’ve had was getting in contact with my family only to learn that my brother Rick had died. More recently I’ve taken up an interest in playing the piano and I wish I would have done so in 1972. I think my life is better then it ever ha been. Tonight Anne and I are having a couple of steaks and watching “The Honeymooners” before bed. If all goes well and Anne is working still I’ll be getting myself an Xbox 360 Elite and a 160Gb IPod, a nice Ramada Inn dinner Summerslam. Other then being settled, I like my life the way it is now.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: