Friday, July 4, 2008

Going into work

was good even though there was a bit of a delay. Weather wise out there it was +32C. Very warm. I got in and found my chair and began looking for bottles/cans. I had a good evening I think about $350 by break and a couple of CC’s. Anne had given me my bank card to save her a trip to the bank. She called at break. I called my book ordering guy at Audrey’s to see if he could order some of the “Dragonlance” and early “Stargate” books. I’d call back in an hour. I got 4 credit card sales and $615. I had a pretty good evening although Audrey’s had bad news for me. The Dragonlance and Stargate books are out of print. I could look for them on EBay but paperback books have spine damage and are not always in the best of condition. I left out of there at 9pm in the very warm humid air. I walked up half a block finding a place to sit down and tie my shoe at the Sun life building. Ah the bus stop. People waiting. Bus coming in. I took that up the block to the bank and did my banking without a hook. Easy. No trouble. I bought a diet Coke for on the way home next door and a ten minute wait for the Clairview train home.

The Eskimo game was still underway seeing all the fans in the stands underneath the lights. Even my bus was there waiting. It was a beautiful night. I got in to try and catch the Eskimo football game on the radio. Late in the 3rd quarter 22 something to 14 favoring the Esks. Good stuff. Anne came in and got my bank card and over to Superstore. Anne made me a simple lunch. Some stuffed finger food or whatever they were and Mexie fries and her fried tortia chip thingies and a bit of pasta.

I watched the evening Global News. Wow, Oil at $145/barrel. That’s another record breaking high for Oil. This time last year I think it was pushing $72/barrel.

Current temperature is +24C and it’s going to be a warm one overnight. Fortunately we have our air conditioner on cooling down the bedroom. Add the fan and so it’s going to be comfortable sleeping.

I’m kind of disappointed that I can’t get the early “Dragonlance” books brand new. I don’t want to get them second hand. There are some pretty god Ebay items and some of those book are said to be in good condition with very little if any spine increases. One Ebay seller has the nerve to sell the first 6 Dragonlance books and the condition of these items are so poor they look like they could fall apart just in the handling. Speaking of reading, I’ve got another 200 pages in “Pandora’s Star” and I’m done. I need to get into some good old Fantasy next.

Anne gave me my $20 allowance and this weekend I’m definitely going to get my resume up for Pizza. Some of those Ebay books look pretty good.
Well, it’s another Friday and after work I’m heading over to Audrey’s to pick up one of the “Vanguard” Star Trek books and catch Smackdown and ECW.

I haven’t forgotten about my own novel “Fiber.” it’s in storage mode right now. Hopefully I’ll get to it this fall. It needs work. Entry

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: