Monday, June 30, 2008

On the eve of Canada Day

I had a nice day off Sunday getting up at noon. Anne made us a great brunch about 3pm. Surprisingly I only had just one coffee and that was our brunch coffee. Too hot to drink coffee. I had a great afternoon researching Kyoto. I have a better understanding of the protocol then I did earlier. I still don’t agree with it because it’s a sham this cap and trade thing. This whole “global warming” thing is nothing more then junk science. The only thing I do like about it is the carbon tax credits, for stock portfolio’s.

I did my blogging today and a lot of reading on “Pandora’s Star.”

Well, CERN’s LHC is just 7 days away from activation. Next Sunday to be exact. Will they find the Higgs Boson particle? Will they find wormholes? I hope so. I’ve been watching various YouTube videos on the LHC and the scientists are very excited about it. The LHC is 7 times more powerful then Fermi lab (FL) At FL particles for the most part were only able to glance off each other. With the LHC scientists will be able to direct particles more heard on all the time. They claim that the LHC will take them to within seconds of the Big bang revealing particles they’ve never seen before. Maybe the LHC will even create wormholes. It’s quite an exciting time for particle physics.

Anne and I are sharing the last beer. Half a can each is all I need as a mild sedative to get me to sleep. I had the sleeping pill last night and that worked fabulously on me. I had my much needed 8 hours sleep and I even had an hour snooze around 7pm as well Sunday night.

For most people their long weekend began Friday. They had 4 days off. I’d love to have a good 2 weeks off with nothing to do. And to get paid for it as well. If I got my vacation pay today and my pay cheque after taxes I’d have about $500. Anne wants to get that $300 she says “She owes me” from my income tax and with that get myself a nice laptop. I want to save up some money for the Yamaha PSR-S900 keyboard but it’s going to require me to work those extra pizza hours for about 4 months. I’ll be putting my resume in this week anyway. Anne doesn’t mind the hours and I’m going to get my Doctors note to give to Rob I don’t need to work Saturdays and give that to Pizza so I can have my weekends off.

So today it’s off into work for my 4 hours. After that it’s wrestling and I get another day off. I love Canada Day. Then there’s the long hot days of July ahead. I love this warm weather. We only have it for such a short time.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: