Friday, August 1, 2008

Yesterday

I left out of here shutting the place down at 4:05pm but the buses seem to be arriving latter and latter. Now it’s about 4:15pm when they get to my bus stop for the Clairview train. I got into work on time but had a rough start to the shift what with no headset. Well the metal head band was missing. I was rather pissed off with this because I have to hold the headset up to my ear and that’s hard on my arm. I wasn’t very happy.

It showed in the 2nd half and I barely got over $300. It was slow for most people. Anne called at the break. I had a better 2nd half but Moe wanted me to move over. We were doing a bit of everything tonight. On Bob, I managed to sell baseball tickets a pack for $40 and I got it on a CC’s as well. My only CC sale. I’m at 17 for the week. If I have a bad CC’s day the next day is usually better. Fridays are usually good for CC’s and I have all of Saturday’s as well.

Then about 8pm the cheques were brought around and yes there was my vp. I was taxed $155. I’ll get most of it back in April. After work I walked up to the bank and did my banking. I took out the $360 and left the rest in there for my wife. We have over half of our rent here and Anne gets her cheque for the rest tomorrow. Also, I have enough to get a bus pass for August and I’ll be doing that today.

Over the past couple of months I’ve been looking at external hard drives at Future shop. One I’ve been checking on, a 500Gb hard drive was $145. Then it went down to $125. This weekend it’s $99, so after a few hours of sleep, it’s going to be time to go to Fs and get the hard drive and the credit card to order WS. I’ve never ordered anything online before so this is going to be a first for me. I’m a bit nervous. But at Fs they also have the Xbox 360 Arcade for $276. I’m very tempted to get that and Oblivion.

I was looking on Ebay Canada at some nice Clifford D. Simak books. I’m surprised they are still available but there are some 6 items, I’d love to buy.

Well we’re 6 days 21 hours away from LHC activation. I’m kind of excited about it. Will they find the Hogs particle? Will they find exotic particles never seen before? Maybe even wormholes. Now that would be awesome. The idea behind the LHC is to set the conditions before the big bang. At 600 million collisions/second, somethings got to give.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: