Friday, August 22, 2008

Anyway last night

I went into work. Anne’s been off all week but she gets another cheque and that will cover September’s rent. I found my end dialer I got my first couple of sales right away and even a CC. After that I couldn’t get anything going but at the break I asked Moe to keep me on the taps. I’ll do a lot better in the 2nd half. I did and managed a slow recovery to $365. $20 less then Wednesday nights total. About 8:45pm they brought the cheques around. Nobody in the office especially the old timers said happy birthday to me. Of course most of the old timers are gone.

I was glad to get out of the ofice and I walked down to my bus stop with John Mc D and caught a bus to my bank on a colder then usual dark August night. Surprisingly it wasn’t raining. I did my banking and tried calling Anne from our cell phone as she had wanted me to take some money ou of the account. I called twice and she didn’t answer. Friggin vacuum cleaner. I was about ready to leave for the LRT and taking the stairs half underground she called. A few more steps and I would have lost her but I answered and back up the steps to the bank again and took out the cash and I missed my train coming down.

Two LRT trains headed the other direction while I waited for mine sipping back on the diet Coke I hadn’t finished from earlier and reading my book. Finally the train. I got a seat with some guy lifting his leg up on the short seat high railing with his bag on the floor. There was no one else sitting with him. I endured this until just before we pulled into Stadium and took the other window seat. The Stadium LRT ramp must have had a thousand football fans taking the train to Clairview. By this time I wasn’t in a very good mood. Most of the fans were happy so that meant the Esks won. I realize there was no reason to be in a bad mood. I mean it was my birthday. There was no bus at Clairview and the Abbotsfield was going the other way. Then I realized I was up against the Fringe and the football game. At 10pm another Northgate bus for the short distance home, would be another 20-30 minutes away yet. I walked home with $200 in my pocket. What in the world did my wife need $200 that made me miss my train and force me to walk the rest of the way home in the dark on my birthday no less? I was mad. And I showed it when I got home. We got into a bit of a brouhaha, but it lacked the teeth I’d normally would have and my reason for it quickly evaporated. I put that behind me.

I watched the news and Anne made me a nice upper of tacos and mexi fires while I felt better about the world and watched the news. Markets were up on all fronts. Speaking of which Lucian had a piece of paper titled “9 reasons why stocks for Apple will rise in 2009.” It seems that Apple stocks are trading on the NASDAQ for about $175/share. Don’t they have to be bought into groups of 10? He Didn’t seem to think so.

Anne typed up her résumé for work as I finished my dinner and watched the news and sports. Yes, the Esks won. Their record is what 6-2 now? That’s not bad. They had something like 48,000 fans there last night.

I had a great experience with Shaw technical support earlier this morning. A tech person Kerry was very helpful in retrieving my Outlook Express and with my permission took over my desktop from their call center and set up 2 identities, one for my wife and one for me. She was very nice and professional. At one point I accidentally lost my cell phone connection and because of our Shaw phone she was able to call back on our home phone to conclude the email set up process. The whole thing took less then half an hour.

This all came about due to my wife trying to send her résumé over to Pizza via email. Something we haven’t done before but Pizza must be using Outlook as well and I had thought that Microsoft has Outlook only with Office and they give you a 30 day free trial with PC‘s. Apparently that was irrelevant. Find Run, type in the command they gave me and another set up wizard popped up. This is when the fun began. I filled out their complement questionnaire and marked all 3 positive.

I copied & Paste her résumé into Pizza’s email box and sent it off. I hope they received it. There’s nothing on Anne’s cell phone indicating a missed call or anything. They’re training is on the weekends so she could still get a call today or this weekend. We know people that have worked in their office and they have nothing but good things to say about them and their operation.

On a colder then usual Friday I’ll be out of here about 4pm on a bus to Clairview and into work. After work though I’m taking $25 into work and I’m picking up 3 more books from my book order and home to watch 3 hours of wrestling. I want to see the Smackdown aftermath of Summerslam. I don’t know if I’m going to watch all of Smackdown though.

All of the above, well most of it is what happened on my 56th birthday.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: