Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Yeesh, could this be the week of decision?

About 2:30 in the afternoon I usually take a shower but the soap bar was dwindling down to nothing. I stepped out of the tub and banged my toes right into the tub. Hurt like hell. I didn’t think anything of it once the pain was gone.

I shut the place down and locked up a bit early as I wanted to get to Fs a bit early to get some JVC gummy ear buds. $12.95. Good stuff. Maybe there would be time to go to Audrey’s but I stopped in at the Redimart and got a lotto ($43 Million) ticket and a diet Coke. I borrowed the use of Fran’s pocket knife to rip apart the packaging. Insert into my Phillips Rush player and I was blown away by the sound these things produce. Very nice.

Darryl a long time employee wanted to get back to me about the vacation pay rate after 5 years it’s 6%. That’s about the only thing that keeps me at my job. So Darryl took me out back where the staff have their smoke breaks and we had a hat about this. He says he used to have his cheque accrued like me but the thing is, it gets taxed when it comes out like that in one lump sum. Or even several installments. The thing is, the Feds will tax the vacation pay one way or another. Bt he gave me a neat idea. He said he used to go to H & R block to get his taxes done and the tax consultant said that he ought to have the company take more off for taxes like an extra $10/week. This is what had caused me a lot of trouble when I was working at the A & N back in the 1980’s. Darryl had said that his $250 tax return went up to something like $400 or something like that. He says it really pays to have $10/week taken out. So I think beginning next week I’m going to put in some extra hours and get the form taken out to have an extra $10/pay cheque for income tax. That’s why I had so much trouble with A & N in the 1990’s. I would always be behind and seldom ever got caught up. It wasn’t until when Anne and I got married I began to do my taxes for the Alberta Health Care subsidy. The GST helped to bring my balance owing down from over $1,000 to where over the last couple of years we’ve been getting a refund. So now I’m getting a refund of over $300/year. An extra $10/week would also help.

Work went by really slow. I think I got $150 by break and 2 CC’s. I didn’t get a call back from Anne at break. I ended up with $395 on a $100 sale. That’s when the computers went down. Moe shut us off at 8pm with the option of working the extra or going home. Most of us went hone earlier.

I decided to go over to Audrey’s and get 3 books. My 2 “Ever Quest” books were in and I picked up the last in the Stardoc books plus a book on Grammar, which I had reserved for me for Friday.

Anyway I took the other train towards university and feeling happy listening to my Clash tunes. I had a chat with one of the transit supervisors at Clairview keeping an eye on the various “street gangs” in the area that have been causing some troubles lately. Not for me but just in general. I’ve never seen any signs of it. I caught the bus home and opened a window. I began to notice why my toes ached on my right side. Being diabetic I’m always worried about my feet. My middle toe on my right side is all bruised up now. I just hope this isn’t the pending sign of a hidden disaster.

Anyway about the toe I’m just going to keep an eye on it. As long as it doesn’t rot. I’m kind of worried about it. I don’t want to lose a toe and find it will need to be amputated. From the toe goes the foot and then the foot goes a leg and then that’s the end. What I don’t go through with.

In 34 hours 21 minutes the LHC will be activated. That should be about 11:30am Friday morning. Apparently the last countdown was for the finale cooling. If they have another countdown for something else, I’m going to lose interest in this thing.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: