Thursday, August 14, 2008

Anne came out with me

to my bus stop waiting for the bus Wednesday afternoon, She went across the street to go feed the birds. Then she came back and kissed her husband off to work. I had a nice trip going in. We did Comedy Fest and I had a slow start. Mostly doing semis. I was surprised I ended up with $140 by break. Anne’s phone rang and she tried to call me earlier then usual. I guess cell phones are ok. Again they gave me the cold shoulder, JT and Gary. They are still pouting over me turning JT in for the paper balls Saturday. I was glad when they left at 7. I had 2 CC’s as well and I put them on the board and JT dropped a note on my keyboard “big rat” or something like that. At least I think it was him.

It seems that my Amway connection wasn’t going to the meeting after all. It would have been nice to find out if Ellen and Helga still show up. I’d like to hide behind a plant or something there one night just to see of they do show up. At least I know where they have their weekly meetings. If she’s still in the business at all.

The 2nd half was really slow but I ended up with 3 CC’s. I got $9 in bonuses out of the night. At break some of us asked why is it the evening shift the only ones that always have to move when the afternoon shift leave half way from the shift. If that’s the case, then why can’t I come in at 3pm and leave at 7pm? That’s 4 hours right? Then Moe snaps and says, “You’ll sit where I tell you to or there’s the elevator door out and don’t come back.” Lately he’s been a real Hitler. I’m very close to calling Pizza and put my name in. I’d work from 9:30pm-closing 3 days a week for now and if I like the job and it’s easy enough then next time Moe comes out with a comment like that or something similar “,and don’t come back.” I’ll pack my things and say something like “I’ll come back and pick my last cheque up on Friday.”

Anyway, I had a 20 minute wait for the train. Extra cars on. It seems Tom Petty was at Rexall last night and “Motley Crue” was in the night before. The Rexall parking lot was full on the way home. We’ve got some great acts coming to Edmonton this year such as Elton John, Celine Dion, Neil Diamond and Metalica. I think they were here a few times before.

I got to the bus at Clairview and called Anne and read more Judas Unchained. From the time I leave the office at 9pm it takes me an hour to get home. I wait a good 20 minutes for the train. The trip home is 20 minutes. There’s a 10 minute wait on the bus. The good news is I get an hour to read. if I’m lucky and I don’t get any distractions. Strange how it can take me half an hour to get to work though but an hour to get home.

Anne ordered “Summerslam” for me for this Sunday. It’s my birthday present. I get 2 WWE pay per views/year. Either Summerslam or Survivor series or Wrestlemania. I hope I can keep it if we don’t end up getting into a fight or something like that. The plan is she gets up at 2-3pm on that Sunday and then around 4 goes to Rose bowl to get our Pizza. This way I have it there at about 6pm.

Despite the bs from earlier on the job with Moe, I had a pretty good night. I’m about to have a cup of hot milk and head for bed. Ufologists Stanton Friedman and Frank Feschino will discuss a terrifying UFO encounter in 1952, when a damaged UFO crash-landed on a farm in the small town of Flatwoods, WV. Sounds like a good show.

Friday I’ve got a couple books to pick up at Audrey’s. “Mission Earth 1” and I think one of the “New Jedi order.” Unless some of the other books I’ve ordered comes in those will be my 2 titles for this week.

I tried using Google’s Gadgets thing for my blog but I don’t like them. I prefer just a simple button but instead the gadgets are scroll levers on the side and bottom making them look ugly. Not only that but most of the gadgets are broken anyway. I’m not very impressed.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: