Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Holiday hangover

Since I’ve made Geeklog my CMS of choice I’ve been wanting to learn how to do some FTP. The culprit and still is, the Firewall in Xp. I think it’s still part of Service pack 2. But my web guy got me a program that is similar to FTP called Confix. It’s a simple process. This means I’m no longer using “Library Thing” to display book cover images. May I direct your attention towards the right sidebar? The book cover images are what I’m reading next after “Judas Unchained.”

After JU it’s “The Icewind Dale” trilogy by R.A. Salvatore. After that it’s Lou Anders anthology “Fast Forward #1.” Then and if there’s time before the end of the year Mary Rosenblum’s “Horizons.” The book I’m currently reading “Judas Unchained,” is going to take me well into the end of September. I’ve been reading some thick books lately.

So I leave out of here at 4pm waiting for my bus under clear warm +27C sunny skies for my bus with my wife waiting with me. Her place of employment had no work for her yesterday. I caught my bus and realized I didn’t have any coffee with my hot water so I went into Tim’s for a cup of coffee. As I left, there was Shank and Rummar. Nice kids. So I walked back to the office with them. The boss wasn‘t there. I learned he’s on holidays for the rest of the week. Good. I ended up having a pretty good night pulling in $780 and only one CC’s and a $10 bonus. I had a good night.

I began writing again. That’s right. At the moment I’m re working an old story, “Crosshairs.” It’s word length is 5,220. I want to trim that down to around 4,500 words before I send it out. I think in the morning I’m going to go to Future shop and check on that printer and get those JVC Gummy headphones.

When I got in I tried to use that program Markus told me and with his instructions, it worked great. All I did was replace the 3 other images that were there. I need to do that on my own. That’s my next project. After that I want to be able to create a new menu and design and attach static pages to that menu.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: