Sunday, August 10, 2008

I missed the

Cariwest parade but I got into Clairview and a long wait in the heat but at least able to read. I got home and Anne was just coming in and out. I managed to snag a couple of hours of a nap.

I wanted to do some hard drive back up but the unit failed twice on me and shut me down automatically. I’m going to have to figure out what’s wrong with this thing.

Of course I didn’t win The Big one. It was only $4M. So much for getting the ticket on 08-08-08. I really needed to get the ticket today. Today should have been 08-08-08. The next date like this wont be for another 1,000 years when it’s 08-08-3008.

One of the posters on YouTube (claiming to work at CERN mentions: “The first full circle of the beam is planned for first week of September and the first collisions in the first or second week of October. So nothing new physics wise can happen before then. And even then you can be relaxed as the 2008 run will only be at partial energy and low luminosity. Basically the real LHC running starts in ca March 2009, this year is mostly engineering tests and calibrations.” We’re at least 8 months away until full activation.

YouTube is an awesome resource. I wish they had this thing up and running in 1996 when I was doing basic math at NorQuest. YouTube would have been a Godsend. There’s even English Grammar tutorials there as well. Makes me think I wasted money on buying that book on Grammar.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: