Saturday, August 2, 2008

I get a long weekend after all

The bus came earlier then usual for a change. I got my August bus pass at the Redimart. Another $66.50 spent. And when we get the new LRT trains coming, most likely the bus passes will go up again. I got in before 4:45pm and got a diet Coke and a 6/49 ticket. For 32 Million, I’d be a fool not to buy a ticket for $3 bucks. No big deal. I had $35 with me ready to go over to Audrey’s to buy some of my nooks on order. I had a brief talk with Fran as she was leaving to go home for the long weekend. She was a bit upset that she lost her parking space. It’s most likely different for the evening shift people. She said Don Brown made an appearance. I should give him a call on the way home this afternoon.

I was expecting big things for a Friday night shift sales were slow doing CBF all night and because it was a Friday night and as usual no CC’s right up until break. Anne called a bit early because her break changes all the time. We had a nice little chat. I ended up with $560 which for a 3.5 hour shift, wasn’t bad. No CC’s. I was thinking that if I had all my 3-4 CC’s to get my 20 CC’s to qualify for the CC bonus, Friday night, I wouldn’t need to come in Saturday. I could have along weekend. But no the bastards wouldn’t give me one CC. Not one.

When 8:30pm rolled around I was glad to get out of there. I headed directly over to Audrey’s. Trevor said some of my Warhammer books were in. The Omnibuses. “The Blackhearts” and Warhammer 40k “The Blood Angels.” The books are about an inch larger then regular pocket books. I was also going to pick up the last Stardoc novel waiting there for me but I didn’t quite have enough cash on hand as the two Omnibus novels were about $11+ US. I missed my train home by a few seconds as it was boarding the last of the passengers before heading out. I had a ten minute wait reading on the train home.

I got home about 9:40pm and did some admin stuff and settled in to watch 3 hours of wrestling goodness. Speaking of which tonight WWE will be having their Saturday night “Main Event.” I’m looking forward to this. If I can find out what local channel it’s on. My wife came in about 11pm and made me a nice shaved beef something sandwich with fries and gravy and cheese bread. Good stuff. Then into bed. I listened to a bit of Coast and passed out for a couple of hours. At 4am I was wide awake. Anne was still up watching a movie. Coast had open lines. My wife is having some kind of bronchial condition causing her to having breathing problems. I know she wants me home for the long weekend but that won’t do anyone any good and I could lose out on some bonus money. I’ve got 17 CC’s and I could end up with a bit more.

I changed my mind and decided I’d stay home this weekend with her. Screw the potential CC bonus. I’ll have to call Bud about 9:40am I’ll show up Tuesday afternoon and work afternoons all this week. Last thing I need is a call from my wife in the hospital while I’m on the job. Besides I can head out of here about noon over to Fs and get that external hard drive and Ws. I checked for our local NBC affiliate and WWE’s “Main Event” is only on for an hour. It’s mostly a publicity type show for Jenny McCarthy’s Generation Rescue. Hey it’s for kids and I can’t argue with that.

Also while cruising the TV listings for Space (my favorite station) I came across a listing for the highlights of Comic Con. Wow. This is on at 2pm. RJS was there and a bunch of others including Walter Koenig. This year at Denvention Robert J Sawyer, Nancy Kress, Ben Bova, Greg Bear L.E. Modesitt, David Brin, Elizabeth Moon, Kate Elliot, J Allan Erwin, Joe Haldeman, Kay Kenyon, Jay Lake, Mike Resnick George RR Martin, Larry Niven, Robert Reed and many, many more. Wow, what a convention. Of course this is World Con. I hear in 2009 it’s going to be in Montreal. I’m considering making a trip. I would have liked to have gone to Denver. I’m considering planning a trip to Montreal for this convention, August 6-10th. Air fare is about $300 return. A Best Western would be about $100/night. To do the whole thing right would be $1,000. I’m considering making this trip. If I did get a chance to go it would drive my wife crazy gone for 5 days.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: