Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hot Summer Weekends

it would have been on this weekend 30 years ago that my brother Mike & sister-in-law Doris got married. Their 30th anniversary is Tuesday, so I’ve got to give them a call. Last time I talked with Mike was in January. He was the one encouraging me to get on AISH. But that’s another story.

I had a pretty good night last night relaxing going over YouTube videos of classic musical organs. There are some nice pieces out there.

I read about 10 pages from Peter F. Hamilton’s “Judas Unchained” this afternoon. It’s really good. There are some surprising parts within the books pages that make me wish the author would continue with that train of though. I’ll have a “review” of sorts maybe next month.

We took our sleeping pill this morning about 3am and went to bed. I got up about 6am all groggy to do the cbi thing. By 6:15am I was back in bed. I slept right up until 1pm! I had a good 10 hours of sleep. The pill is still working in my system but I can’t sleep away the whole afternoon. I fixed myself a coffee and fired up the PC and with it on idle I wanted to read.

My wife has an appointment with the bank tomorrow to see if she can get at that RRSP. She should withdraw just enough for Septembers rent. If that doesn’t work out then we can always go to her pension fund for a hardship withdraw. We do this maybe just a couple of times/year because it’s income she has to pay taxes on. And if those two avenues don’t work, then she has another cheque coming at the end of the month (not enough to cover the whole rent just about a third of it) but then I have a couple more cheques that could cover the rest. So Monday will be a decisive day for us. The trouble is with her job, as she does research work and it slows down in the summer and December.

This afternoon when Anne gets up, she’s going to go to Rose Bowl pizza for my birthday pizza. I’ll be 56 years old on Thursday. Wow. While she’s out doing that in a few hours, I’ll be watching Summerslam for 3 hours. I order only 2 wrestling pay-per-views/year; Summerslam and Wrestlemania. The one happening today only makes sense to order because this is my birthday week. My birthday present. it's all ordered and ready to go.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: