Saturday, June 14, 2008

I left out of

here shortly before 9am. I noticed the other apartment building across the parking lot from us within our complex. They’ve got that thatch wood crisscross trellising on several suites. All this isn‘t going to come down?

It was breezy and a bit on the cooler side. I caught my bus that led me to the station. My train came and got me to Corona station downtown, 107th and Jasper Ave. The Tim’s sandwich was $2.60 and the HB .99 cents ea. My breakfast. I got my dialer as I’d left it the night before. Insulin and coffee and my breakfast as I tried waking up. Bendin was running the room. I had a slow start but I ended up with about $450 by break and a couple credit card sales. Good job. Our goal was to get out of there by 1:45pm so we could avoid the Gay parade. Gay Pride weekend. I don’t have anything against Gay’s except that it’s not my life style. I just don’t believe it’s a life style worth having a parade over. Tasa handed me a $10 bill as part of what he owed me for our hockey pool. I thought he was all paid up. I was going to give half over to Greg but Greg and Rob stiffed Anne and I over $600 in CW sales last December, which we didn’t get commissions for yet. I didn’t get any bottles or cans on the way out but I had a great afternoon pulling in $910.

The last hour I was worried about my close rate and I was at 22%. Not that great. This means I’m making sales on 22 calls/100. I think I picked it up maybe down to 15%. I was getting a bit creative in my calling and that brought my sales up. I ended up with 6 credit card sales. I’d love to be able to open an account with Z tools and get in there and listen in. We can only access the offices here in Canada and not in the US.

I considered crossing the street to Audrey’s and get another book but I also wanted to see what I had left over at home to work with. I caught a train home by myself and when inside there was Anne on the phone with the Avon lady from upstairs. Apparently they owner of our apartment complex and the caretaker were doing a walk around yesterday afternoon. It seems our building was selected among others to “clean-up” our act or the owner could face a hefty fine from the City. So it’s not (to my wife’s relief) just us the complex is targeting. We have to have all this netting and materials off the balcony. I think we can keep plants and things like that.

Anyway she went out to Giant Tiger and got me a new pair of running shoes. Dark this time. Then she went out again for potatoes. The shoes were a tad to small on me but Anne said last time I got these I broke them in, I wear a size 12.

Anyway Bloggers, that’s all for now.

e. Jim

No comments: