Thursday, June 26, 2008

Budgie isn't back

yet. We still have the cages on the balcony opened for him. But it doesn’t look good he’ll be coming home anytime soon. He’s most likely lost out there. Anne thinks the bird cage was tampered with. We’ve have stuff stolen out of here before.

Anne had a night off yesterday and I hopped on the bus to the train All the kids are off school making a trip a little more comfortable going in. I’m still hurt over poor Budgie. I got in and found a head set and took my end dialer. The back we had Bud, Subvere, JT, Kingsley, Me, Girsh showed up for awhile but wasn’t doing very well and by 6 his dialer was empty and John McD. When JT, Kingsley and Bud left we were down to 3 tap shooters. Moe moved us over, joined by Peter and Dawn. One of the new girls was a cleaning girl that took Brandon’s cup cleaning job away and a new kid that didn’t exactly know what was going on. The cup cleaning gal left at 8pm. We had 5 tap shooters. There were still the original 3 from the 5pm shift. The back 20, I think they had maybe about 10 people if that. This left me wondering what the heck is going on with our night room? I understand on Monday night when I was off, they had no tap shooters at all. Tuesday night was better because team India was there but most of them had gone by 7pm.

I ended up with over $800 between 3 campaigns. CPA, East were all basically on the last legs of their campaigns. We ended up doing All Star Baseball and surprisingly I was doing ok. I ended up with 5 credit card sales. All in all I had a good night.

But my evening job looks like it’s in trouble and is barely on life support. For 3 days now we’ve had s skeleton crew. I’m worried Rob is going to cut the evening shift because the line hour isn’t there. On the way home, I kept on thinking about Pizza. Not to quite my current job mind you but to have aback up plan in case Rob makes a decision and cuts back the night crew. If this is the case, I won’t work for Rob only if he offer’s afternoons as a 4 hour shift, then I will say from 1-5 but I don’t see that happening.

When I got home I walked around the back to see if Budgie was in one of the cages and called Anne from the grass out back here. I looked around for any sign of Budgie. Nothing. Chirpy had stopped calling him By this time next week if Budgie isn’t back, then we’re going to get another bird for Chirpy. Maybe the bird cage was tampered with, I don’t know. Anne says the next bird she gets she’s going to have him in a separate cage because she claims both birds don’t get any exercise and move around very much in the same cage. Yeesh. We’re still holding out for Budgie but I’m not going to hold my breath.

I fired up my computer and went to check on my 6/49 tickets hoping for some good news but I barely got one number on 2 quick picks yet. I think a balance of a quick pick and pre set numbers might be the best. One winner last night won $30 Million. 7 winners won $110,002.10, 316 winners won $2,012.90 and 17,563 winners won $68.60 305, 597 winners won $10.00.

Saturday’s jackpot is $32 million.

It’s about 1:40pm as I write this and a summer storm is brewing up out there. Poor Budgie, is cold, probably scared, lonely and hungry. I just feel sick inside for him right now. A part of our family is missing. The storm outside will pass and so eventually will my sadness for Budgies loss. Like Tweety before him Budgie’s memory will not be forgotten.

Last night after lunch I got into more piano practicing and I’m making some progress. I can read some notes on the staff now it’s just putting everything together. I’ll probably take piano lessons to break some bad habits.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: