Saturday, June 14, 2008

I headed into

work feeling pretty good although a bit on the tired side. I got to Corona station met by Smarkey and then joined by Brent. At the drugstore I went and bought a diet Coke and another 6/49 ticket. $22.5 million and Friday the 13th right? I mean what could go wrong? I was joined by JT going over his Sports select tickets and I met Rob coming off the elevator as he said my effort was much better last night. Good stuff. That made me feel better. I got upstairs to my dialer and looked around for a headset and gathered some cans.

I had s pretty good night for the first half and I picked up some cans and bottles. I also got 2 credit card sales as well for a $455 total. Anne called me at break and we had a chat. I got some more bottles and cans. Also I got another credit card sale and 2 $100 credit card sales for a total of 5 on the night. I ended up with $860, which was most likely the top total for the night. I felt pretty good after that and with a big bag of bottles and cans a good total and some cash in my pocket, I decided to go over to Audrey’s and get myself the other Jack Vance “Demon Princes” book. Audrey's expects the "Mission earth" book 1 and the 3 "Warcraft" books to be in next week but I've got my 4 books for the month.

I met Katie there at Corona with her new boyfriend but she was going the other way. It was a beautiful night even if it was on the cooler side of things. I felt happy and glad to get my train for Clairview station and then home. I felt a note or something in the door when I came in...

(continued from last night) and I thought “oh-oh is this bad news?” it was from the caretakers saying that the balcony is not for storage that we need to remove all things except lawn furniture and the balcony can not be enclosed. We use the netting to keep the mosquitoes and bugs out and the cats in. We’ve had this up for the last 5 years and they’re complaining about it now? So they’re saying we have up until Monday June 30th to comply or they will seek a court order to take control of the premises. So, I’m thinking well, what is it we can keep and what needs to be removed?

When Anne came home she wasn‘t too upset over this and had the same questions I had. Other tenants here have netting on their balconies and where my wife gets her Avon from upstairs talk about violations. She’s got so much crap up there on her balcony makes the place look like “Sanford & Son.” We had a chat about this and she headed out to Walmart and made me some pasta when she returned as I watched the news and ECW. Then bed.

I slept fairly well until about 3:45am when Anne came to bed. I woke up. With this on my mind it was hard to get back to sleep. Then it dawned on me, the basics of the note mentioned enclosing the balcony off with plastics etc. I’ll be adding later a photo of the caretakers patio. They practically need a building permit for what they’ve got enclosing their patio. I’d argue that isn’t this tantamount to the whole argument about enclosing apartment external places? Hers is way worse then ours and the owner never said anything about her extension? So next week Anne is going to the Landlord and Tenants act and asking her, just what her rights are in this thing. Because of this I feel we should move. We don’t need the hassle.

Anyway I got up around 5:30am this morning. I feel pretty good except for the bombshell the caretaker dropped on us. I’d hate to move from this area because it’s so convenient and all. Other then fire ambulance and police sirens, this is a quiet neighborhood. The only thing it’s missing is a convenience store like a Petro Can at the end of the block. Anne likes it because Superstore is right across the street and Walmart is a block away. Across the street we’ve got Future shop, Money mart a liquor store a Burger king a Boston Piazza Clairview movies 12 and a whole bunch of other stores and services all within easy walking distance from the LRT. This has been my home for the last 8 years.

So I'm heading into work at 9am. I'm going to take that photo on my way out catch my bus then head to Corona station. Tim Horton's reduced the price of their hash browns are now .99 cents. So I'll get an order of hb's and my breakfast sandwich (and don't forget my insulin) and hoopefully I can get some more credit card sales.

I wanted to go play the VLT's with Darryl this afternoon but he says it'd be better if I bring in a $20 because I can go through that ten like in 5 plays and out of there in half an hour. He says he brings a couple of hundred bucks and makes an evening out of it. Um, I don;t think thisis a good idea.

Anyway Bloggers, that’s all for now.

e. Jim

No comments: