Friday, June 13, 2008

I had a routine

bus/train ride into work this afternoon. It was a nice Sunny day out there and my bus came by to take me to Clairview Station. I had $5 bucks with me and I bought a bottle of diet Coke and a lotto 6/49 quick pick with the plus. The draw is for $22 Million. I seldom ever buy a lottery ticket but in this case, I decided “what the heck.” if I win, I’ll be blogging from a pool in Hawaii, yeah right.

I took this photo February 23rd earlier this year. Pledges is my first cat and he's 17 years. Silky the one reclining is 11.
Rob was looking at the stats on the monitor looking at close rates. This is the amount of calls/sales. He said he got some heat from Vancouver saying that my close rate was way to high last night at 21% He wasn’t upset with me or anything but brought it to my attention. So I thought about how I could tweak my pitch for a greater success rate. I added a couple of things and even though I started out slow. I got a complement card from Barbara from the back 20. She’s a nice 16 year old kid. I ended up by break with $435 by break. I borrowed a $1.15 from John MC D for some chocolate raisins. I’ll give it back to him tomorrow. I should have brought the other $5. No credit card sales in the first half. In the 2nd half Anne called late and I had a brief chat with her. I ended up with 1 credit card sale, actually 4 in all. Plus another $1,040 night. All in all, I had a pretty decent night.
I managed to get my pay cheque as well and I got $291 including my bonuses. I get $90 out of that. Plus the $5 COH makes it for $94. I got the train home with a seat by myself and some cans and bottles home. We were playing complement cards. Every credit card sale we could give someone we knew only on the other system. I received one comp card and I gave out 4. I didn’t win and neither did anyone else I gave them to.

Anne came home just now needed a $20 from our rent money. She gave me $80 and went to the Superstore to change a $20. That’s good. I caught the bus at Clairview for home along the short end this evening.
I found out more info on White Smoke and it’s an online service. I checked out the forums and lots of people are complaining about using it. Based upon this, I decided against ordering it. It’s not really a grammar checker and that’s what I was looking for. Someone mentioned in the forum about Style Writer. I checked the website out and it does the same thing as WS but a bit better. At least SW is a physical piece of software but they want $199 for it. Yikes. Then I got the idea to check out a Bit Torrent version and sure enough it listed but to utilize this Bit Torrent site I need a credit card. A 3 day trial is something like $5 bucks. I can get a pre loaded credit card today from Money Mart for $10 and try this out. The rest I can download some stories from Amazon’s Anthology builder J was talking about the other day. I’m still paying for SW but this way is a lot cheaper and more affordable for me. If it doesn’t work then I’m only out $25 bucks but I could end up getting SW.

Anyway Bloggers, that’s all for now.
e. Jim

No comments: