Monday, June 23, 2008

An unscheduled day off

Not much going on this week.

We were watching “Dead pool” with Clint Eastwood just now while having a late supper and a memory surfaced when a character walks out to his car in tennis gear. I recall my dad and his friend Phil going out to play tennis. I seem to recall the incident barely and this was before my back operation. I recall how it was a summer day. Day I would know. Now if for some reason I could say find out what the name of the tennis courts were and if the operation kept records of receipts dating back from day one, maybe. All I know f the place was it was a substantial ravine where north Road meets Columbia street east. Funny how the show brought back that memory of my Dad and Phil off to play tennis.

I mentioned to my wife that I’m considering taking Monday off. And she encouraged me to. I need a decent weekend screw Xl.

Earlier I cracked open the Cd’s that came with the Piano course book and they help a lot. I can now play the opening part of “Ode to Joy.” Also, I learned about broken chords and full chords and the damper pedal and why I want one. I also learned the mystery why some note stems are up and some are down. The Cd I’m not that impressed with. I thought it be a little more then just Midi Itunes. I also learned what slurring is but I wish the book gave a physical example of this. I spent a good couple of hours practicing on the piano earlier this evening.
Other then this “inspection” from our property manager after next weekend, things aren’t going to badly. We have our rent paid for July. Our bills are covered. We’re certainly not ahead of the game but we are keeping on track. Plus I have $62.67 COH. Other then my wife’s constant hypochondria condition that she thinks she’s got cancer or a brain tumor or something wrong with her that she’s dying things are pretty good here.

Now get this, we have a worker shortage here in Alberta. We’ve never had the call center completely full and all last week the back 21 had been maybe 40% full and the other day Moe gives a state of the room address that we’re all expendable? What’s he smoking? Maybe the morning shift is full and so is the afternoon shift but the evening shift, half the tap shooter section is gone by 7pm. We have people that don’t really want to be here. Some people are there 3 days a week and some people come and go like it’s a drop in center. Then we get people that can’t work Saturdays “Because they have commitments.” Jesus, I have “commitments” to. I’d like to sleep in with my lovely wife. Some people can come in and work 2 hours and leave because theirs a TV show on at 8pm they can get home in time to watch. And yet these same people write $300 night on taps. With that said that friggin place can get along with out my totals today. “Where were you last night?” “Like “blank” I had a TV show I wanted to watch. Besides you said so yourself I don’t bring much to this operation.” I won’t say that but that’s basically why I don’t care about missing this evening. Matter of fact, I’m going to say screw Xl and get the heck out of that place asap. This week if Pizza will have me for an interview as long as I don’t have to do weekends and of course Lodge nights.

I’m at a point in “Pandora’s star” where some story lines are coming together. I’m basically reading page after page of description. Uggh but it’s interesting stuff just the same.

So tonight kids, I’m having an evening off and if they want to fire me then great. I’ll be free at last.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: