Monday, June 9, 2008

A Lazy Sunday

I had a lazy Sunday. I did a bit of reading some genealogy. Anne made a great Sunday brunch. Mostly Internet stuff all afternoon. I didn’t even step outside.

Not much going on for today either. It’s into work at 4pm and put my 4 hours in come home and watch Raw.

I’m considering making an upgrade to this system for playing “Oblivion” and “Warcraft” among others. The first upgrade will be a new motherboard/Ram. After that the video card and I’m going to go with a GeForce SLI system. I haven’t worked out all the details yet.

Also, I’ve been doing some research on the Yamaha Tyros 2 work station. It’s beautiful instrument but costs something like around $3500.

Our Lodge BBQ was on today from 1-6 but pot luck doesn’t do anything for me and the weather wasn’t that great.

The critics of Ed Stelmach have been coming down hard on the Premier last week because he voted himself a hefty pay raise. Keep in mind the raise just wasn’t for him but for all MLA’s including our opposition. Notice the opposition didn’t say anything right away because they were on the receiving end of this too. To his credit Liberal Leader Kevin Taft said he would give the difference of his raise to charity in favor of a special review board to delegate politicians pay raises. Of course Taft is politicking as well. He’s not doing this to make Ed look bad but to make himself look good. I don’t have a problem with politicians here in Alberta giving themselves a pay increase if it’s across the board. We’ve got the money here in Alberta, why not?

I’ve also been tinkering around with my new Blogger page. The Template I have isn’t the one I’m going to stick with. I’m going to post a link to it in the links section eventually.

Still reading from Pandora’s star.

Anyway Bloggers, that’s all for now.

e. Jim

No comments: