Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So I'm working

away on my stuff yesterday afternoon about 2pm. Anne’s up and about bringing in the bird cage when all of a sudden I hear this crash. Anne screams and I come running out. The bird cage is broken and our little budgie bird we’ve had for 8 years few away into the trees (no thanks to this apartment complex requesting we remove the netting.) We’re devastated. “Budgie” has been with us for 8 years and my wife has had him for a few years before me. He’s an old bird.

Anne came in with me to work saying she’d be late so she road in with me. We figured Budgie’s gone for good and he still might be. We were not happy campers going into work. We had a full crew until about 7pm when all the day time people left. We had 6 tap shooters and most of those were team India.
Anne came home just now (10pm Tuesdayas I write this) and we know he’s in one of the trees outside. We’ve got another bird cage opened out on the railing strung over the edge of the balcony. We’re hoping when he gets hungry he’ll see the empty cage and come home. That’s how Anne got him in the first place. She had the bird cage opened overnight and she found him in it there the next morning and she kept him. She had another budgie she called “Tweety” before “Budgie” but he died shortly before we got “Chirpy.” Chirpy is chirping out at Budgie in the tree trying to call him home. Anne said she saw Budgie way high up in the tree about 10:30pm. He’s up there. It’s going to be along shot to get him back.The odd thing was we had a big storm out there about 7pm break time and the after affects were on the street and you‘d thing the storm would be enough to bring Budgie in but evidently he’s still out there.

It was 29 years ago today I moved out of the Meyer place. I found a place a few days before and set everything all up for a move in. It wasn’t a bad place except there was some miss communication going on at the time between an alcoholic husband and the wife and I lasted a month before I was back at Richards. Those days were full of turmoil for me bouncing between this dive of a hotel Richards, Russell’s and then Richard, Ray and I moved into this duplex in Riverdale right by the shores of the North Saskatchewan river. I stayed there moving out even before the end of the month of December 1980. I was in that place when John Lennon was killed.

I still have poor Budgie on my mind. He’s an older bird and we could have had him for another couple more years yet. Hopefully he’s still in that tree and will come home in the morning. Most likely he’s cold and hungry. I feel badly for him. Like I said it’s a long shot he’ll come home. Chirpy is going to have a rough night tonight without his buddy. If poor Budgie survives the night.
I’ll keep everyone posted.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: