Saturday, June 28, 2008

I had a 5

minute wait for my bus and I took a few photos. The first one ws my view as I waited for my bus to come over the manning bridge in the background there. I got on the train and read more from Ps. It was up the escalator and into Tim’s for double order of hash browns and the breakfast sausage sandwich. My favorite. The parkade was surprisingly full for a Saturday morning. I got my dialer and took my insulin and had s delightful breakfast. It’s 4:20pm as I write this and Chirpy is chirping away in the hot +29C. The photos taken this morning are all before the office photo. Anything else this afternoon is later.
I took this photo of the building on the other side of the parking lot. If you click on the image and enlarge the photo you can see all of the white thatching that the manager says needs to come down when they do their walk around. These are old buildings but there nice inside.










I took this photo of a condo unit right by where my bus drops me off. hard to believe they want a quarter of a million bucks for these places. When their done that is:
We had a full row of tap shooters as "Team India" returned as you can see from this photo. Fran sat beside me. She's the blonde. We had about 7 people on the other system. Sigh, CPA again. It was tough going for the first half hour but I gradually ended up with $565 by break. Don Brown showed up and had a chat with Fran and I. I didn't realize until after he'd left I should have taken a picture. The 2nd half was a little slower of course. Anne called and said how she’s going to go to the SPCA and see if Budgie is there. If not and there is another budgie bird there. I ended up with my 12 CC’s for the week anyway and if Rob is going to play these games because I miss a day he can go to hell. Some people there think he’ll honor them for me. I ended up with $840 and most likely that was top total again for the day. That red pouch there isn't mine.It belongs to Wanda who sits there during the day. That's Fran clowning around with one of the mini DVD's we're trying to pawn off:










One of the newer ETS buses to replace the aging "Jimmie's." These are the low floor busses. Very nice. They cost about a Million a piece and I think the City has something like 300 of them. The other shot is one I took inside at the back of an empty bus. I like riding the side seat on my way home facing the back door. Most major Cities have these types of buses. I had only moments to take the shot before some girl came on:























It was really warm out there today. I think the warmest I've seen it yet this season. I love this time of year. Look at the temperature on the clock at Clairview station:










Anne had called saying she is bringing home a companion for Chirpy. She’s called Sugar. My eyes lit up. She spent $15 on her and had to go through a lengthy interviewing process for all their adoptions. To adapt a cat is $100 because they want to make sure they get long term homes. So because Gl is so finicky at handling Photo’s I’m displaying some of today’s photos on my Blogger blog where the photos are better displayed

Meet the newest member of the Shannon family: Sugar. She's got pretty yellow feathers. They are a bit shy Chirpy the green bird left and Sugar right. Sparky is looking on. He's very interested:


And finally some of my Aleister Crowley books. Hard to believe some of them are at least 30 years old. I had a lot more then this at the end of the 1980's. That blue book on Astrology? I think it's very rare. I picked it up for $6 in the used book bin:

I didn’t bring any extra cash with me to get those “Warcraft” books. I’ll wait until Wednesday. I got my train and Anne called me at Stadium saying she was just leaving, Personally I think the SPCA is closed on the weekend and won’t re-open until Wednesday. I hope I’m wrong. Not much going on for tonight. I’m going to try and get some piano practicing done.
I checked on my 6/49 numbers and out of 2 tickets I got 1 number and it was a bonus round. For the most part I had a nice day and I’m happy I got somebody for Chirpy even though I miss Budgie. I hope he’s ok.
Tonight on Coast is about Aleister Crowley. Should be a good show. hence the phot of the books.
Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now
e. Jim

No comments: