Thursday, June 12, 2008

June is just

breezing by. Hard to believe. I get out of here as usual and lock everything up at just after 4pm. No trouble no headaches. I read a bit on the train going into work.

I wanted to check the bonus chart and I’m scheduled to get $74 on Friday. I can handle that. My net pay should be about $265 after taxes for working part time, I can handle that. I collected some bottles and cans. I had a slow start to the shift and by break I was at over $400 and a few credit card sales. Anne called at the break. I got to more credit card sales and I’m on for 15 credit cards for the week, which translates into $30 if they all kick in. Plus, I’ve got 3 days yet. If I get another 15-17 (fat chance) for over 30 credit card sales it’s $4/credit card. So say 32 credit cards is $128. Relatively easy full time but hard to do part time.

I ended up with $1,020 and 6 credit card sales on the night. Not to shabby but this campaign is losing ground, I doubt there is another $1,000 day in the for me this week. The gravy is almost gone. I hung around the office for a bit trying to avoid J. So I left the office about 9:10pm with a collection of cans and bottles. I should ask Darryl if they have VLT’s across the office at the cafĂ© Select but I don’t think so.

On the platform there was Barbara, Katie (former employee and ex Pizza worker.) and Barbara’s roommate. We all had a nice little chat. Katie said she left “Pizza” some time ago and works at the General hospital, which is why she’s getting her Clairview train like me at Corona. The other 2 girls got their South train and Katie and I had a nice chat about Pizza. She’s saying I could work my own hours at $9.50. Less then what I’m making now. If I decided to work at pizza, it’d be say from 12-4:30pm Monday/Thursday. Something like that. It’s a lot of work.
My #183 bus was waiting there at dusk. 9:40pm and it’s dusk. Nice. I decided I’d take the extended trip past to Sifton School and come in the other way. I got home just before 10pm. I put the cans and bottles in the box and washed my hands and did some admin stuff and there was Anne just coming in. She made me a nice bacon chicken breast cheese with a nice BBQ sauce on a toasted sandwich and chicken rice soup. We watched the news and that was it.

I listened to some Old Time Radio with Wild Bill Hikcock with Guy Madison and Andy Devine. It’s kind of a juvenile western adventure but I enjoy it.

Today is payday. Anne says I can have anything over $200. Good stuff. Still not a lot to do anything with. I’m going to order that Alfred Piano book I think.

Tonight on Coast: Dr. John DeSalvo, Director of the Great Pyramid of Giza Research Assoc., will discuss the latest findings in pyramid research including the Russian pyramids, and a newly discovered energy field related to a mysterious Gamma Ray emitter. Then the first hour our going to bed hour (animal communication.) I love animals but this is lame.

Still tinkering with Blogger. I discovered some 3 column templates fitting the Blogger classic templates. The design I’m using for now is “Rounder’s” The new Blogger has a lot of cool functionality in it. I’m still keeping my website because I can host pages on it. But Markus isn’t letting me do this stuff on my own. Not that I have anything to post right now.

So far I’m not getting any traffic to my site but I have yet to scratch the surface of Blogger. I’m going to get more involved in the link exchange. But I want related SFF related sites.

Anyway Bloggers, that’s all for now.

e. Jim

No comments: