Monday, September 29, 2008

At least the weather is nice

Yesterday was totally laid back. I did almost nothing but a bit of computer, reading and a lot of TV. Anne made me a nice breakfast even though it was at 5pm. She went out to get Chinese food. That’s ok, as it gave me more time on the computer.


I was looking for a Canadian distributor for the Nord C1 combo organ. it’s a Hammond B3 clone and from what I was listening to on YouTube, it sounds identical in every way to the original B3 without the drawbars. To top it off I’d like a Nord Wave synth and behind me a Roland Hpi-7 arranger piano and I’d be in business. But we’re talking about 6k just for the Hp alone. Altogether about 12k. I like everything about the C1, its sound retro feel.


Still working through Icewind Dale and I’m having fun with the story. Its taking on some interesting turns. So far I’d say this trilogy is well worth reading but I’m a long way from writing a review to say the least.

Yesterday I ended up watching a highlight hour long show of the past weeks highlights of Raw/Smackdown/ECW. I used to have something like this when I couldn’t get cable to watch Raw back in 1993. I think the show was called (today) WWE “Extreme.” Now I can’t always sit there and watch 2 hours of Raw and Smackdown every week. 4 hours is just to much especially when the Oiler’s are about to kick off their regular season. A one hour package deal while having my brunch fits in really good.


By now we’ve all heard the $700B wall street bailout didn’t go through. And this reflected badly in the markets today. Oil took a $7 hit and things were down across the board. I believe though that oil will move up towards the $100 mark by the end of the week. As far as “Decision 2008” goes Dion is really low in the polls. He says Canadians will change their minds when the first English language debate is under way. I think this is Thursday. Dion could be the most eloquent and likable guy in the world but he’s selling his carbon tax and nobody in their right mind wants that.


Today, I’m back on the job thing putting my 4 hours in. So far there hasn’t been a big announcement about the DNC list and that takes into effect Tuesday. All day Saturday I was using the disclaimer and it didn’t affect my sales at all.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now


e. Jim

No comments: