Saturday, September 6, 2008

Another Saturday

I had an uneventful ride into work yesterday afternoon. Work went slow for me. Greg brought me my cheque. All my hours were on it and my bonuses. Good stuff. By break I had just over $200 and 3 CC’s. Anne called me shortly before 8:30pm closing time but I was in a hurry to get to the bus and to the bank and home. She didn’t have the score for me for the CFL Calgary/Edmonton game. I got the bus to the bank and made the deposit and took out $20. That’s for the 2 books I’m going to buy at Audrey’s this afternoon. Since I didn’t get my Thursday night pay cheque there was no Audrey’s bookstore visit for last night.

I got the train home and read a bit and read a bit on the bus home. Anne was fixing dinner but had to go out. I still had no idea what the score was on the football game. Ched radio carrying the game said Calgary was leading 21-20. Close or what? Anne went out to do her thing and I ended up watching Smackdown. It was a pretty good show. I also watched ECW as well and enjoyed that then went right into bed. Before bed I learned that Calgary won 38-33. Still it wasn’t anything like the thrashing the Esks gave the Stamps last weekend: 27-16. Usually the Labour Day classic and the split the Friday following is rarely a double win.

I think I slept for about an hour and rested the rest but I’ll be all right for the day. I need another 10 CC’s to qualify for my 20 CC bonus. Yeah right. 10 CC’s for today? I don’t think so.

While having my dinner at 3pm before I leave for work, I like to watch Space and whatever they have for their 3pm time slot offering. Lately it’s been “Star Trek The Next Generation.” I love this show but it seems all they have are about 12 episodes before they repeat. “Encounter at Farpoint” and “All good things,” and the few episodes in between. This afternoon was “Encounter at Farpoint,” again. Yeesh. Space apparently is supposed to air all 5 series, although I don’t think that means the Animated Series (1973 – 1974). Phase 2 would have been great if it went into production. But if Space is going to do all 5 series then that’s 704 episodes. I haven’t heard if Space is going to do this or even if I heard this right. As much as I didn’t care for Star Trek “Deep space 9,” it’s worth watching. I thought it was a bit whiny and preachy and the characters lacked substance.

October could even be worse. We’re struggling with out rent and I don’t know what’s going to happen with my job what with this stupid DNC list. The NHL season is starting up-hey I like that. We’ll be having another stat holiday with Thanksgiving day and a long weekend and a strong possibility we’ll have a Federal election coming up, not good. Actually the Federal election (if its called) follows the day after the Thanksgiving weekend day long weekend. Dion was in Alberta today speaking to University kids about how great his “Green Shift” program will be for Alberta. Yeah, we can all feel good about the “clean air” we can breath while we’re living under a bridge because we wont have any jobs. The “Green shift” is another Liberal Boondoggle we can all do without. And according to an excerpt from today’s National Post about the “Green Shift”- “This seems more than a little dubious. If the plan were so great for consumers already, why did Mr. Dion feel the need this week to add almost $1-billion in annual subsidies for farmers, truckers and fishermen to offset their anticipated losses?” Yeah and guess who’s going to pay for that? Albertans. This smacks too much of social engineering. What the hell does poverty have to do with the environment? And whoopee we get back $100/year. Dion can shove his “Green shift” up his you know what.

As for me, not much going on this weekend. Some of the things I’m watching for this month of course is Anne starting Pizza. The LHC’s first beam experiment September 10th. I hope to follow Anne into pizza, try it out for a bit. September could be a pretty good month.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: