Sunday, September 21, 2008

About noon

our buzzer kept ringing and ringing. Anne said “Don’t answer it,” thinking it was dial-a-dopers or something mistaking our apartment number for #303. It’s happened before. So after about the 10th ring she went to the intercom panel to listen in and discovered a knock on our door. It was her sister Donna from Winnipeg. I finally met her but she hadn't checked into her hotel room yet downtown and wanted to take Anne out to do some shopping at Value Village. It’d be 2 hours for me but I was invited to go out to the “Olive Garden” when they returned. A couple hours later they came back and we got underway out of here about 4pm. Donna is a health science advisor with a pharmaceutical company, She used to work with Roche but now with another firm. So we went out to the Olive Garden south side in her rented car with a dashboard mounted GPS system. I sat up front,


I should have brought my camera along but the friggin batteries aren’t working properly. Dinner was nice even though a little on the late side. I had their stuffed ravioli, which was really good and some potato soup as well and endless diet pop. Thanks Donna. After dinner we went for a drive as Donna wanted to show Anne the south side of the city of Edmonton and how much that section of the city has grown. We were losing daylight fast but we ended up being taken to the Edmonton International Airport. The place is huge. We drove back home and Donna said she’d be coming back to visit us more often. It was nice to get out even if it was for just 3-4 hours.

Anne wants me to have Monday off and I’m thinking about taking the day off. Well, sort of. I’m going to use it to go down to City Hall job board and see if they have any job openings for ETS transit information. I’d love to get onto that. So I’ll most likely get up around 9am and grab a coffee and get out the door and go to City Hall in the morning. The other thing I’d like to do is to go to Northgate and check on the job bank. I want to get out of Xl by the end of this month-in theory.


Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: