Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Another Wednesday

Not much going on today. Anne’s leaving for her job at 3pm as she starts at 4pm, she’s gradually getting the hang of things at her new job. Weather wise here it’s about +12C here and should get up to +14C when I leave out of here at 4pm. It’s a nice time of year.

Of course the big news is the volatile market place and how US President Bush wants to hand out over 700B to bail out Wall street. I think this is a good idea, like everyone else here’s my opinion: I think the $700B should be doled out in bits at a time so they can see how the money is being spent, if it’s actually doing some good. This makes sure that Wall street is being held accountable. Meanwhile oil is still (at this writing) sitting at $106/barrel.

Somewhat in the realm of science fiction (or at least it was maybe 50 years ago) one of the major US auto names will be grinding out the first electric car in 2010 or at least that‘s the idea. These electric cars will most likely cost a fortune, not that I’m holding my breath or anything to see one roaring down 137th Ave. As most of us know the technology for an electric car has been around for decades. This recent electric car idea might just be a concept model and many of these electric cars may not even see tires on the pavement for many years if at all.

Also, I heard on Coast last night that the LHC will be shut down until Spring of ’09 as they are trying to find out what caused a leak in a helium tank. This could be another 6-8 months down the road delay before they resume testing. You know because of all these LHC red and green lights, all that remains for me now is but a glimmer of interest in the LHC.

The Oiler’s are in training camp and have lost their first 2 training camp games. The real season begins October 12th Is it just me or has the NHL training camp and the NHL regular season seems to be starting later then usual? The last Oiler game is April 11th or something like that. They still play 82 regular season games. I think the Oiler’s are home at Rexall, which means extra cars on the train on the way home tonight. Wuwho!

As for me this afternoon, I’m out of here at 4pm. I like to take the train to the end of the line (for now) to the Health Science Center. It’s nice to see the fall colors out there in the river valley and maybe get a bit of reading in as well then take the train back to Corona and wander into the office about 10 minutes to 5pm like everybody else. It being a Wednesday and all is usually a slow day for me but hopefully we work on CF again and that means no line hour stress. As far as this DNC list goes, the only thing I need to change is I have to say the disclaimer and that’s about it. If management keeps things the same, other then the disclaimer, there should be very little change. I’m hoping.

One of the new guys and I were talking about stocks and markets and he said how he’s been investing for years and showed me a glimpse of his statements. So I’m going to have a chat with him when he gets in and at break. He’s into real estate and finance and he said he’d have a talk with me, how he got started and what I can do to get started.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: