Thursday, July 2, 2009

It’s been quite a day yesterday

what with watching all of the Unrestricted Free Agent moves in the NHL. Out goes Roli and in comes Nikolai Khabibulin. The Dany Heatley soap opera continues. I think Tambi and Lowe are running out of patience with this guy. I say wash our hands with him already. Lets go after Antropov.

Anne’s almost on her way home from a grueling 7 hour shift. I hope she was able to see a little of the Canada Day fireworks celebrations from her position on the 17th floor of her building. I saw about a 20 second clip of the fireworks from Global news.

My 6/49 numbers didn’t come in but that’s almost to be expected. The payout was $3,522,241.00. Nobody won the jackpot this evening so it goes to about $8M Saturday. I’m buying my ticket tonight for Saturday. No extra of course.

Tonight it’s into the job for my 4 hours. I’ve got 2 more days and Friday night I’m off to get a book at Audrey’s and then I get 2 days off…..1:05pm>

My wife is a little upset when she went to pay the rent earlier. The caretaker walked towards Anne pointing a finger saying for her not to feed the birds around here because it’s attracting squirrels that come out this time of year. It’s got nothing to do with my wife. This caretaker, she’s a nut case. Apparently the caretaker is pissed of the squirrels that jump the trees and land on the roof. It’s nature lady, they come out this time of year. If they tamper with the trees out here then it’s time to move. I think that’s what they are looking at doing. One of the best things that could happen to us is if we get to win the 6/49 jackpot and or rental subsidy. Rental subsidy will come first before the other thing does. If we get subsidy then we can take our leave of this place, find something better and get the hell away from that nut case woman. They don’t like us because our 2 bedroom apartment is about $45 cheaper then the others of its class but when the rent goes up in October, most likely we’ll be paying a lot more. That means I’ll have to work extra hours. I don’t mind putting the extra hours in but not at the job I’m currently at.

Something weird, piano playing wise. I’ve got a song here called “Another year older.” Otherwise known as “Happy birthday to you.” its nit a difficult piece but the sheet music I have the piece starts on the left hand. Every tutorial on YouTube shows the piece starting on the right hand. In the “Another year older” version of this song, there is a stretch from the A-B that makes the piece seem awkward. In “Happy birthday,” with the left hand all the finger positions are covered by the notes. The Happy birthday version seems cleaner to me. It’s the same tune just a different hand positions. I’m going to stick with the right hand. Makes more sense to me. This is basically grade 1 piano.

And finally, last night on Coast they had a killer of a show with Jim Marrs talking about UFO’s, JFK all kinds of great stuff but unfortunately (the good stuff) was on from about 1-3am. We missed it when we went to bed and they start off with open lines the first hour. Well, I’m off to read some more of “ICB” after I post this.

Anyway gang, that’s about all for now.

No comments: