Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Today was a good day but more on that later

It was a nice warm afternoon while waiting for my bus yesterday. What a difference in air quality from the platform at Clairview station and the air conditioned train down to Corona.

I bought my 6/49 ticket and headed upstairs and got to station #13 as Super said my usual hole. I got the empties and prepared my self for the first half. It wasn’t a bad night. Nobody got moved. We had a full house. In the 2nd half I got the rest of the empties and had a decent total but 1 card for $25.

I hope I get a decent sleep tonight. I’m really tired and I’m about to pass out but I want to read a bit before I hit the sack and listen to a bit of Coast.

Anne says I don’t need to go to CRHC just yet. But as long as I go this week and I don’t need to take a day off to do this…….1:20pm> I went too bed this morning about 2am thinking I’m tired enough, Anne put the AC on the fan was running it was dry dark and cool and I had Coast on for a bit as well. I turned off the radio about 2:30am and tried to pass out. Again I couldn’t sleep. I got up while Anne was watching something on the Food Network and sat with her for a it and we turned in at 4am. Still I couldn’t sleep. Panic as setting in. Would I ever fall asleep again? Will I get an hour here and there like I’ve been hearing diabetics get sometimes? I got up to read thinking when I went to bed earlier I should have taken a pill and maybe that would have helped. I checked my bsl and it was sitting at 6.2, Not bad. I watched a little TV as dawn was already passed. I did manage to pass out a bit and that was the sign I needed to try this one more time at 5am. I slept better except for bathroom breaks.

Alright, if I don’t spend any of the cash I have on hand and I get a $20 on Friday I can go in and get the Ben Bova Sam Gun Omnibus and enough for my 6/49 ticket. Unless I win tomorrow’s $15M draw that is. I wonder if the 17 workers that won the $49M are still at the job today. They each got $2.8M. That’s enough to retire on. Someone the other day said that when you see lotto customers with complete boards filled out on the card, that’s most likely a group. We have a group at the office that does it. I should get on that because I’m a long standing employee. But I might not be at my current job in September.

I’m still working on reading CS Friedman’s “The Wilding.” it’s really good but it’s taking me a long time to read this book. I’ve just passed the first 100 pages. At this rate, I should have the book read by the middle of August before I can read the next book in the queue.

On the news earlier there was a story about the dangers of “texting.” unless you’ve been hiding out under a rock over the last five years or so texting is sending short bursts of messages out to friends and enemies in general people you know via a cell phone. I’m just going to post some random thoughts here about “texting,” this isn’t really a rant. Texting is especially dangerous for drivers texting behind the wheel. Accidents have been known to happen. First thing I’m going to ask if I’m offered a ride, is ask for somebody not to text while I’m in the car but what about the other nut cases on the road out there texting behind the wheel? Worst part is while on City buses and some idiot driver is texting at a red light. There was that train wreck recently where a number of people were killed because the operator was texting. The worst is these massive cargo trucks rolling down the highway or an ambulance or fire truck driver texting away. Most of these drivers are responsible enough people, or you assume they are responsible enough. But texting sounds almost scary and the imagination doesn’t have to go very far for worst case scenarios. Oh and that teen texting and walking over a manhole cover and falling in? It seems texting is becoming a real problem. I see pedestrians on the sidewalk texting and walking at the same time. Pretty soon we’re going to have hoards of text zombies walking around bumping into walls. Personally I wouldn’t be a “texter.” I don’t have a lot of people in my “inner circle.” We’re not allowed to have cell phones at work but I can imagine kids at church texting back and fourth. I’m sure it happens. Students in class texting test answers to their friends. Most likely the teacher says, “all cell phones off.” or might even collect cell phones at the start of the class, crazy. I could see myself texting a blog post or answering email and stuff. I’m just wondering how prevalent is texting on the job? I mean if your working in a warehouse type thing?

Anyway gang, that‘s all for now.

No comments: