Saturday, July 25, 2009

I love Summertime in the City......

Last night just before bed Anne and I got into a little scrimmage but we’re ok now. She went out shopping as she found last night when I got home she had a $100 in her account she forgot about. We could have gone out to the taste of Edmonton last night after all. She came down to my place of work to get the cheque and I got all my bonus money all my hours. Perfect. So she went to get the coolers and to order us pizza. When I got home she was just ordering us piazza. We had that watched Smackdown and some news. It was after our coolers we got into a little scuffle. Mainly I was having a heat stroke.

Hey, before I forget, the folks at i09 are talking about Tony Stark's On The Firing Line In First Iron Man 2 Footage! impressive or what? While I have yet to see the last Iron man movie, I’m inclined to have my wife run over and rent it out for me while I’m at work. Iron Man has always been one of my fav marvel comic book Superhero’s.

Anyway, Anne went out to do her shopping this afternoon and just as my Eskimo/Riders game was getting underway and technical difficulties from the network and with the Esks losing badly (not even on the scoreboard) Anne calls asking where the bus pass was. I was getting all pissed off thinking she lost our bus pass and all. I had to listen to some of the game on CHED radio for the first quarter. The game was back at the end of the 2nd quarter that’s when Anne came in. She was all happy and we had a great afternoon. She made me some chicken fingers and curly fries and that nice Superstore cheesecake. Very nice. All that and the +31/88F heat here in Capital Place apartments. Let me tell you folks it’s a hot one today. Still is. I’ve got both fans going and Boots is hunkered down in our bedroom with the TV slightly on. The other cats are around here someplace. My wife is at work in a nice air conditioned office.

On Coast lasts night Ian had a really boring show. I could not even tell you what it was about. Anger management or some damn thing. Tonight however, Ian has the Historian, author, and the librarian at the New York Lodge of the Theosophical Society, Michael Gomes as they will discuss the works of Helena Petrovna Blavatsky who paved the way for ideas on the origin and evolution of the universe and humanity itself as well as the occult. I had at onetime the whole set of Blavatsky’s “Secret Doctrine.” I was more into Alice Bailey’s work then Blavatsky’s in the early 1980’s. So this promises to be a great show.

My football game this afternoon was a real barn burner. For the first quarter the Esks look like they were a struggling football team just trying to stop the Rider offence and get on the board. Near the end of the 2nd quarter the Esks manage a field goal 3-22. Then near the end of the 2nd quarter the Esks came back and the rest of the game was all Edmonton. 38-33. The Eskimo’s really needed that win.

At SF Signal they have clips from Comic Con of the new TRAILER: Tron Legacy movie from Disney. I don’t know when this movie is coming out but wow I’m excited. Speaking of movies I still have the free movie pass and I’m thinking about using it to see the new GI Joe movie when it comes out August 8th I think.

My wife is working tonight and tomorrow I’m off over to Audrey’s for a couple of books. I want to get that CJ Cherryh book and maybe the last of the “Crown of Stars” series. Should be $18.46 since Audrey’s has that 20% off SFF book sale going on until the end of this month. Then it’s into the office and I’m off collecting all the empties left over from today and whatever is available from Sunday before my 4 hour shift.

Anne’s heading over to Capital X fair grounds later tonight as we missed going to “A taste of Edmonton” last night. She asked me if I wanted to go with her but I’m not up to walking around all over the place on a hot Saturday evening. It’s a $10 admission. She wants to have a look around as the last day is Sunday night. The Edmonton Indy is also on Sunday. I love summer in Edmonton.

After work tomorrow night I’m meeting a fellow from Jamaica I met on the way home yesterday. We didn’t have anything to write down and trade phone numbers with or anything but he says he has an internet based business. He wasn’t pushy and was being honest. No it’s not Amway but I’m going to meet with him if he remembers and hopefully I’ll be able to take a look at the plan. I know it’s MLM but it is internet based. I haven’t seen this plan before. No harm just taking a look see. I’ve been through Amway twice, been there done that. Nothing wrong with Amway but you need lots of money to keep your business going. I was on welfare at the time and my sponsors upline basically told my sponsor to dump me. Although just before Anne and I got married I took her to our local Amway meeting. She wasn’t impressed by my sponsors pushiness. I quickly resigned after that.

The big 6/49 lotto draw is on for tonight. The website hasn’t revealed the winning numbers yet.

Anyway gang, that‘s all for now.

No comments: