Sunday, July 19, 2009

That was my day off

We had a nice thunder & lightening storm go by here around 8pm last night. Winds were gusting very heavy out there with lightning flashes but no thunder, yet. In some places the winds were gusting up to 100k. Anne called to have me bring the bird cages inside it got so bad out there. Then we got thunder. About 8:30pm the wind picked up so strong it was blowing wind and rain taking down this orange plastic panel Anne had put up for me here in my office on top of the AC to keep the cold air in. I was afraid that the plastic would have been blown out and would have hit me. Probably would have to if I hadn’t taken it and the AC out of the window frame.

I had a decent evening watching the Hamilton Tiger Cats CFL game against the Winnipeg Blue bombers. After that I began working on as yet an untitled short story. It’s a medieval fantasy type yarn that’s going to be about 5,000 words. I should have the rough draft knocked off by this evening when I come home from work if all goes well. This is going to be my summer writing project. I usually do two short stories/year. I haven’t sent anything out yet since 2007’s “Zombies of sleep” to "Static movement" (See science fiction online) I don’t mind sending my work out to these kinds of web zines and all but eventually I have to try and sell a piece to a print publisher to turn pro, (I know what I‘m up against) you know like 2-4 cents a word or something like that.

The 6/49 draw had their winner this evening for $4,377,298.00. There were in addition to that 2 $156,332.00 winners. That’s for 2nd place. 5 numbers including the bonus number. For 3rd place there were 101 winners for $2,557.30. You need 5/6 numbers for 3rd place. The jackpot for Wednesday is for an estimated $3.5M. Sure I’ll get a ticket. I spend $4/week or $208 bucks/year. I’ve seen people buy a whole card of 6 blocks at $2 game is $18/week.

I wanted to spend all night reading “The Wilding” but I got to watch the CFL game and answering calls from Anne and the storm instead. So much for that idea. I did manage to read for about an hour last night and I’ll be reading some more later today but I want to finish off that story first.

I just read a great article on Visa/MC gift cards. These things can be purchased at places like Shoppers drug mart/Money mart and 7-11’s. I can even get them from my bank as well. They are not reloadable but they can be used online. Especially at places like Itunes and Amazon. ca and EBay. These gift cards have been around for awhile now and what I read, only confirms they can be bought at the above venues. There’s been a couple of things I want to buy online but because I didn’t have a credit card I was shut out. The only problem is they need to be registered. No big deal.

Anne called on her way home on the train saying that the City shut down the exhibition early because of the storm. For the most part the storm is all but over.

Again over there at Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist he’s got a poll asking the readership what book to read next. I suggest “The Kings Dragon” as it’s part one of the Crown of Stars series. I've had this book since around 2002 sitting on my shelf. Most of you reading this know that I’ve been buying one of these books/week over the last 5 weeks now. I’ve got one book left in the series to buy.

I was watching G4’s Attack of the show and on the ticker they were talking about how Microsoft is going to releasing an announcement of something big at Comic Con this week. Also on the show they mentioned how Tweeter was hacked into. I think this was an older show though.

This afternoon I’m headed off to do my 4 hour shift. Anne suggested I put in 3 shifts this week. I’m going to get them all out of the way beginning Monday. I wanted to do a few more because we're so behind and all but she said we can get by on me doing 3 extra shifts. We're just going to have to give the caretaker a post dated cheque is all for August rent.

Tonight Coast right now has a really boring show titled Food Secrets. I don’t know, Ian’s Saturday night shows have become really boring lately. Even on the Jeff Rense site there is nothing going on but archive shows.

Well, that was my day off kids. I got up around noon, Anne made me a great prime rib cheese burger and fries before she left for work, she got home in about midnight.

Anyway gang, that‘s all for now.

No comments: