Monday, July 27, 2009

Actually this was from my day yesterday..........

last night. It was very warm in the apartment and I drank the non caffeine free cola which did not help much. I did manage to grab a hour of sleep from 11-12pm. I felt somewhat refreshed and got organized to leave after locking it all down. A brief wait later for my bus and I was downtown at Corona at 1:15pm.

This morning as I was online for a bit I managed to get some of the items going around on the web and this link from SF Signal caught my attention: Hubble reawakens, snaps image of Jupiter scar, they were talking about this at length on Coast last night. And i09 was talking with the cast of Stargate Universe at Comic Con earlier about the upcoming series and it seems that Stargate Universe Is So Dark They Kill Off The Whole Cast WTF?

I went to get my book at Audrey’s. That completes the “Crown of stars” series. I have 12 books left. Ten of those are mass market paperbacks. The other 2 are Omnibus books. The stack was originally 23 books in May. I had a look around the shelves and they’ve got a few nice anthologies I’d like to get my hands on and also in trade all three of Joe Abercrombie’s First Law’s trilogy are on the shelves as well. Drool.

I walked over to the office and had a can of pop while I was waiting for Greg etc to show up to let me inside. I got upstairs gathered up all the empties from Saturday and got myself ready for the shift. The first half wasn’t too bad. I got 1 card for $20 but no cards after that, I got a few more empties and ended up with $540 in sales. Out of all the above not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

I called Anne who answered as I was leaving out the door that I’m on my way. I’m going to see if I can meet with that fellow long enough to get his phone number. My cell phone charge had 1 battery life on it. She didn’t call back on my way from Corona to Clairview. I had a ten minute wait looking around for this guy but he was a no show, just as well. I got in and Anne had brunch ready for me as she was getting ready to leave for her 4 hours. She’s there as I write this from 8-12pm.

I was exhausted after brunch and had a little nap for 40 winks, I feel a lot better now. The only down part of Sunday was the sleep I had this morning. Otherwise I had a day I can’t complain about. Even the weather cooperated with it being a little more on the cooler side today.
I’ve got a few things to take care of this week. Mainly get our rental subsidy and get that process started. Anne was talking with a co worker about this before she called me on her break just now and she said it’s a yearly renewal form for those that qualify.

Well, I’m off to go do some reading

Anyway gang, that‘s all for now

No comments: