Monday, December 29, 2008

Yesterday was a reading day

Sunday was mostly a reading day although I did do some more assassination research. I’m looking into the General Walker shooting.

The Nashville at Edmonton game was a darn good one. The Oiler’s don’t have to win every time for a game to be good but last nights game Oiler’s 5 Preds 2 was fun to watch. The fans needed a win at Rexall. I did that from 6-9
Also last night and Anne went out to Walmart and mentioned there was something under the tree. It was in a Christmas wrapping bag. OMG the Xbox 360! What she said she did basically was buy it out of our January rent money but she’s going to make an appointment to the bank and get the balance later this week for rent and my website/lodge dues. Wu-who now I can play Elder scrolls on our 42” LCD wide screen. We haven’t opened it yet because we want to get the funds out of our RRSP for 2009, in case there are some complications so we can get our money back from Walmart. Now I can play Elder scrolls. At least its in a box under the tree:
Finally, I completed reading “Fast Forward #1” Here is a “brief review:”

Brief synopsis: This is an annual anthology from a master anthologist. Lou Anders knows his stuff and brings to the table some good offerings.
Pros: 19 stories and 2 poems. 5 stories were Very good, 7 stories were good, 4 stories not bad.

Cons: 3 stories were poor. Plus 2 poems I had to add a wtf?

I liked most of the stories in this anthology except but there were a few that I found boring as hell. I’ll be reading FF#2 later on this winter On a scale from 1-10 I’d give this a good 6 e. Jim’s out of 10.
Now it’s onto Eric Brown’s “Helix.”

This week is going to be interesting. Firstly I go into work tonight and then I’ll be watching Monday night Raw. Tuesday same thing just into work but that’s my last shift of 2008. There’s a shift Wednesday but that’s in the morning only. Since I don’t work mornings that doesn’t apply to me. Hence: Day off. Also, Anne’s at work and there’s an Oiler game Wednesday December 31st here at Rexall with Ottawa Senators. Right after the game or just before midnight I’ll be scrambling for a train downtown to meet my wife. She gets off work at midnight. We’re going to try get to see some of the fireworks but chances are we might not. Thursday January first the Oiler’s are in Calgary giving the Flames some New years “cheer.” I’ll be watching that one. Anne’s at the bank January 2nd hopefully with good news and I’ll have my lodge dues and my website funds.

Here’s another photo of the stack of books I read this year. Icewind Dale the 2 Peter F. Hamilton books were all over 1,000 pages each. It’s my goal to read at least one book/month.

And at last what wouldn’t the season be without another cat photo? This one is of Silky. I’ve had him for well over 10 years now. He’s also my dinner guest sitting beside me hoping for a taste of my supper, which I always oblige. Silky is extremely shy. Except with me and Anne.

Anyway Bloggers, that’s all for now
e. Jim

No comments: