Monday, December 22, 2008

Nice day Monday

Since it’s been a few days since I last posted a blog entry, I figure it’s better late then never. Anne wanted to get up a little early to make us our Sunday brunch for Monday. She got out pots and pans and went to work. So we had out nice Sunday breakfast about 2pm Monday afternoon. I got some Lodge mail and Anne got a $100 gift certificate from her sister for both of us. Very nice of her.

My wife had to leave for work early and I left at my usual time. I ended up catching my bus in the cold but because there was very little wind, it wasn’t that bad heading out Monday late afternoon.

I’m still reading FF #1 and I just read “A Smaller Government.” It wasn’t bad. Not great, but not bad. I’m on pace for completing this book by the end of the year and I’m picking up FF #2 Christmas eve,

Speaking of Christmas eve it is a work day but were only working until 1pm. Cheques are being sent the day before Christmas which is ok. It also means I’m up pulling in a rare early morning shift to get the cheque and to qualify for my stat pay. When your working part time here in Alberta you need to work the day before and the day after. Kind of silly really.

I had a pretty good night at work. Greg put the Oiler game on for us and the Oiler’s were winning 3-1 when I left out of there at 9pm. I got home and with 10 minutes left it was 3-2 Oiler’s with 10 minutes left in the game. Anne called with 2 minutes left and the Oiler’s scored on a power play. Good stuff. Nice Christmas present for us Oiler fans. Anne put out some canned ravioli for me and I watched Raw. It was an excellent show last night. On a scale from 1-10, I’d say it was a 10! Great stuff.

Anne’s not home yet as she’s out at Superstore across the street getting stuff for the holidays. Otherwise I had a nice couple of days since Saturday’s entry. I worked on my special writing project. For now I’ll just call it KOR. I’ve got the first 12 scenes done up a bunch of characters. That’s all I’m going to say about it now

Anyway Bloggers, that’s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: