Saturday, December 27, 2008

Not a bad day today at that

Lets see, I was up about 6:00am to post a blog entry on my website. Also writing for myself basically.

I went out there to catch my 9am bus. Weather wise, it wasn't that bad out there. There was a definite change in the air since having those -20C+'s/wind chills whilst waiting for my Saturday morning #11 to Clairview and then to Cororna. It felt lonely walking to through the parkade. inside the office I met u with Supie and we talked about the holidays stocks etc.

By 10am when Moe came in to run the floor we had 12 people for the whole floor. I moved to the back and had K sit with me. JT was there along with Bud. The lowest turn out of the shift. Rob's going to let the shit fly on Monday. I won a $5 Nevada and won a $1 on a bet Moe and I made.

I even did well on the job. Moe complimented me on Anne's haircut job. I got my cheque plus my $25 bonus. So I got anything over $200. So I took out $40 for me including the $25 I brought with me. I walked up to the City Center Mall looked through Coles book store. There are some nice Trade David Eddington editions and some Starcraft novels I want to get into. I got a $10 pre-paid pay-as-you go Telus receipt for my cell phone. TD bank is open on a Saturdays now? That's pretty convenient. I've been wanting to try one of those KFC chicken bowls. I got one to take home and after a 10 minute wait at Clairview in the -4C weather. You read that right. -4C!!! That's darn near--balmy. Right now it's -6C but there is a -11C wind chill, which still isn't all that bad. Sunday is supposed to be a bit colder -12C. Even that isn;t too bad. We're to get 2 days next week, Tuesday and Thursday, which are supposed to be around -21C--25C . Weekend weather looks warm.

I got home about 3:45pm watched a bit of TV, did some Internet stuff and then went for a 2 hour power snooze. I badly needed that.

Anne called me at 6pm for ten minutes and I started my KFC meal. These things aren't bad. on a scale from 1-10. I'd rate them an 8/10. I'll get them again. I hope to complete reading FF #2 this weekend. After this, I'm going to read Eric Brown's "Helix." looks interesting.

Anyway Bloggers, that's all for now.

e. Jim

No comments: