Friday, December 5, 2008

My friend

Neil lodge organist couldn’t make it. He suffered another stroke the other day. He said the stroke took out his sense of smell. I felt bad for him. I couldn’t get Nathan. So it looked like I’d have to leave on my own. I managed to get a hold of Nathan but he said he had to pick someone up from the other side of town. I was on my own after all. I had about a 10 minute wait for my bus but it was really warm out there. It had been snowing off and on all Thursday afternoon. A 15 min wait latter at Clairview LRT and still no train. Finally a train pulled in and the operator had said the whole LRT line was being delayed by 15 minutes. Finally, at Rexall and waiting for a bus on 118th by the overpass I get one. The driver thought I met 60th st and the snowfall kind of disorientated me. I got off to early. At 7:20pm I’d be late for sure and after a bit of a wait I got another bus heading the direction I need to go and I was across the street from the lodge at 7:30pm. I buzzed and tried the door. Open. I got inside even before things got underway. Just in time.

The whole evening went well. I was a little rough around the edges for my part. The festive board was free. All officers got together for a group photo. I had a good time. I called Anne a few times. I’d be late getting home.

George drove me home and I got in about 11:30pm. Not bad.
Today it’s off to work and get my cheque and then get the bus up to the bank and home.

Anyway Bloggers, that’s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: