Monday, February 1, 2010

That was a nice weekend

as I'm getting ready for my Thursday night. I got a call the other day from our WM that there's a slight chance our regular JD won't be at our regular business meeting and asked if I wouldn't mind filling in for him. That's 2 chairs away from where I am now. There's a lot to say but it will give me the chance to see what's ahead of me. I might be able to pass the SS chair altogether. I don't like the Senior Stewards chair. Also on Thursday I get to pay my Lodge dues.

Yesterday Anne went downtown to catch the Airport bus to the International Airport to meet her sister Donna. Donna works for a major pharmaceutical company and work takes her all across the country. The other place she worked at took her all across North America. Donna gives lectures and talks to Doctors and Nurses on how to use various forms of new medication. She comes here to Edmonton at least four to six times/year. She racks up huge air miles points and often gives them to family members. She wants to take my wife on a cruise as Donna is going to Panama this month on a 14 day cruise. So Donna called me from the airport asking when Anne had left and I said she should be there soon, I heard Anne's voice in the background and they said they'd be an hour away to pick me up. We wanted to go over to the new Swiss Chalet over here between Manning and 50th street. From the back end while on the LRT cruising by, we watched the thing being built over the past couple of months so last night we finally got to go inside. The place was packed. There were people waiting for a table. We were lucky to get a booth. I ordered the bacon double cheese burger/fries. Excellent. The ladies ordered the quarter chicken/baked potato. My burger was very good. I could have ordered a beer and I could sure have used one but thought better of it.

Donna drove me back to our place and went back with Anne to her hotel. That was a pleasant dinner. They have of course chicken, what they specialize in, burgers, ribs, chicken ribs, sandwiches soups, a very nice menu. The waitress said they're busy every night for the past two weeks that they've been open. I thought the apple crumble looked a little lame. Boston Pizza makes a way better one. Or at least they used to the last time I had one about 10 years ago when Anne and I first got married.

Over the past couple of days I've been copying music video files etc from my old PC to my laptop. I've got some 1,200 files of music documentaries, piano tutorials etc and I'm about at the half way point. The thing is I'm using a 2Gb SD media card to transfer the files and it's a slow process. I could do the whole thing and transfer all my data to my laptop with an Easy transfer cable. I cleared just over 11Gb of music files (video etc) over to my new laptop. I could get the transfer cable at Future Shop but they only have a 6 foot cable. Way to long for me. The cable I'm speaking about at Future shop is $60. Too long of a cable for too much money. They might have other shorter cables at the store, this one was what they had online.

Tonight I'm in for my Monday afternoon commute and put my four hours in. Then I come home for Monday night Raw. I'm just thinking that if this was timed properly, we could have had dinner at say the Elephant castle next door to the Empire Theater holding the Royal Rumble. Then the sisters could go back to Donna's hotel room while I'm watching the Royal Rumble Then Anne could come pick me up and we catch the LRT for home. That would have been ideal but Donna's flight came in at 5pm and after acquiring the rental car (her company pays for that.) and getting me and a fifteen minute wait for a table there was no time. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments: