Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Middle of the week blahs


at work was pretty good. I got the end dialer on the other side. I had over $200 by the first hour and they moved me over to the big taps. Shortly after break I got a $300 credit card sale and by the end of the night I ended up $740 and $405 on card for a $17.50 bonus. Plus a whack of empties to take home.

Lately over there at Pat's Fantasy Hotlist I've been going crazy with entering his book give-a-way contest since winning that signed copy of that Alastair Reynolds hardcover last December. This year I'm determined to win again. Also in keeping with the Blogging theme, over there at Holy Lisle's site "Pocket full of words" she's got a cool contest going, on how you could be a character in her book. This is a great idea and unless I'm missing something, I wonder why other SFF writers don't do this for their fans. it's another way to pay forward.

Oh, I had a bet going with Jerry with my $4 I owed him at a double or nothing on the line. Thank God it wasn't the Oiler's playing tonight. I picked Ottawa Sens over Calgary. I won my double or nothing so I owe nothing. Love it.

Earlier I was listening to some good old Third Wave Ska. I discovered "Undercover Ska." These guys are awesome. I believe from the Bay area. Good stuff.

I got an email from my Lodge's WM yesterday about a brother that's in the Royal Alex hospital. The more senior Lodge officers in my Lodge are always encouraging the brethren to visit sick brothers in the hospital etc. I'd like to do more of this myself, visiting sick brethren in our Lodge. It spreads good cheer and friendship. The thing holding me back from doing this is I work evenings. but if I get any advance notice and find a brother in the hospital and there are brothers going out to visit, I'm going to ask if I can tag along. This is one of the main aspects of Masonic charity I really need to do more sick and visiting. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments: