Thursday, January 28, 2010

A slow day yesterday

My wife returned from the bank with a Wendy’s “Baconator” combo for my lunch. I got my coffee everything I needed and locked up and out the door waiting for my bus for the commute into work. Only 4 of us did OTH and best I could do was $220 but I got 2 cards. I felt ok going home. One of the younger fellows rode home with me on the train. He‘s a nice well mannered young fellow 17 years old. This is his first job. I mentioned to him about the DeMolay society figuring this might be something he’d like to do. I didn’t realize he should ask his dad first, but I doubt he’ll look it up. I don’t ordinarily look for possible candidates. I Haven’t seen many people that would take advantage of this kind of thing, which is why I don’t solicit/recruit anyone.

Anne had a deli pizza and soup for lunch for us and for the past hour or so I’ve been listening to and downloading Allan parsons .FLV You Tube video’s. My favourite APP albums were “Eve” and “Vulture Culture.” Among others.

One of the guys at work beside me was getting ready to fill out a replacement SIN card. It costs $10. I’ve memorized my SIN but I don’t have the card. You can got to Service Canada and get a new card and pay for it there at Service Canada human resources. I’m thinking about going there one of these Friday afternoons and get the 3 week process going. I have a birth certificate. I need both of those pieces of identification to get an Alberta Government picture ID.

My co-worker friend Lou emailed me yesterday afternoon about a new Apple device: The IPad. It looks real big and fragile. I’d hate to drop it. I’d rather get the Archos 5 Internet tablet as it's easier to carry around but the Arcos 5 is missing a camera. The Archis is small and can fit in the pocket and is half the price of the IPad. Anyway that’s all for now.

No comments: