Friday, February 5, 2010

My first of two early days

I was dressed and ready to go waiting for Neil when I suddenly realized at the last minute, Anne had taken my apartment keys that were attached to my bus pass holder. Yikes! I had no way of locking up. Wait, the caretaker’s office is open until seven. I rushed to the caretaker‘s suite on the main floor beside the entrance to our building. I was able to get a copy of the suite key from the caretaker and I rushed back up the stairs to lock up and outside. They said I could return it later today as I will after work. It was closing in on the time for Neil to pick me up as I rushed outside and he came by with about five minutes to spare.

I had a rough start holding down the Junior Deacon chair but because there were no other EA’s or FC’s at the Lodge my bit was relatively easy. DOC and WM each gave a paper. WM even with a laptop and a projector. We had a small turnout as well. Only 15 guys showed up. Nathan receive his Past Masters Jewel. Nice. Unlike me he went right through the first three degrees during the same WM term. We got in at the same time. It took me three years to go through all three degrees for my own reasons. The current WM took his EA after I took my FC. Nathan, Reg and myself all took the EA at the same time, September 2002. Nathan took all three degrees that fall. When he was Tyler January 2003, I was still FC. If I proved up the same as him I’d most likely be WM instead of our current WM. If I can skip the SS/JD chair and go right into the SD chair. That way I’m two chairs away from being WM or four years instead of 6 years. What’s to my advantage is my regular attendance —

After we closed Lodge WM said that Guy would most likely be in Fort Mac for possibly a good three months, in which case I’ll be filling in for him, perhaps for March and April. That’s be n ice if he could be a washout and this way he night want to take another crack at the JD chair next year where then I can move up to Senior Warden-Maybe

By about 1:30am this morning I thought I was tired enough for bed. I tossed and turned and got nothing. No sleep at all through out the night. Mainly because last Wednesday/Thursday afternoon. In other words I’d overslept the day before. I’ll certainly feel it this evening.

Last year, I was able to read 12 books including an Omnibus. This anthology is taking me way to long to read. I hope to have it read by the end of this month.

After work this afternoon I’ll get my pay check and then do that other thing and then up to my bank and home. I’m opening a Scotia account across the street from Audrey’s strictly for Pay Pall use. One of the guys at work is letting me use his PO box number so Scotia can send my passbook/ATM client card to him and he’ll give it to me when it comes in. Anyway, that’s all for now.

No comments: