Sunday, February 28, 2010

Canada, Gold!

Canada Gold! What a game. I got up about 12:45pm settled in and watched the best Olympic hockey I’ve ever seen. Team Canada got the first goal in the first period and then the 2nd. Team USA got their first goal in the 2nd and in the 3rd with 24 seconds left scored to tie the game. Then Overtime. As if that wasn’t a nail biter in itself then Iginla to Crosby and a wild shot on Miller and it’s in. Team Canada won Gold. The first time ever on Home soil. Amazing. Sydney Crosby won in the last 12 months a Stanley Cup with Pittsburgh Penguins and now a Gold medal for Canada! I love it. And there’s more hockey yet to come. The mad scramble on the March 3rd trade deadline is on Wednesday and then there’s a good chance that the Vancouver Canucks will be in the NHL playoffs in April and who knows— maybe even in the Stanley Cup finale and wouldn’t it be a great story if the Canucks won? I’d love it.

Earlier this morning I played some more on RuneScape. I finally got some gold and able to make a bit more progress in my character. I play a little bit each day.

Right now at 10 before 5pm it’s +6. Excellent. We’ve been having some pretty good weather lately. But I don’t think even though we have a month left of winter, were out of the woods yet. Next week it’s looking like we’re going back to some +1’s and 0’s but still above normal. It’s an El Nino winter this year.

I’m enjoying this book “City of Pearl.” CP. It’s actually pretty decent for a début novel and there’s another 5 books sin the series. This should keep me busy till about the end of May or June.

Tonight Anne and I are going to be watching the closing Olympic ceremonies. It’s been an interesting 17 days as this winter Olympics have opened my eyes to some sports and the Olympics in general. I never used to watch the Olympic hockey because I always used to think it was like watching junior hockey. Now with most teams having a lot of NHL players on their teams and using an NHL rink and NHL format makes it almost like an NHL Stanley Cup playoff series. The other thing I liked about this Olympic format is that there was no corporate advertising along the rink boards. Made the games feel like old time hockey. Oh and this 2010 Olympic round makes this 14 Gold medals for Canada. That's more then any country for any Olympics both Winter and Summer. The best part about this game earlier this afternoon was, we won it at home! I'm a happy man. Anyway that’s about all for now.

No comments: