Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Sunday afternoon alone and I love it

Yesterday morning I was left scrambling to get my 9am bus. I locked everything out and I was out the door. I got a breakfast sandwich at Tim’s and 1 hash brown and a diet Pepsi to take with my insulin and a leisurely stroll to the office. I got my dialler 15 and I should have taken one of the tap diallers but I didn’t want to have Tammy sit beside me. She’s loud and over powering. My first call was a $35 sale and slow after that. I think I had about $200 by break. I was determined to go home at 2pm. I ended up with a $30 card and a $470 total and some empty cans to take home.

At Audrey’s I noticed this box Phillip K. Dick hardcover collection. 1/3 but they were asking $110 for it. Instead I bought Book 4 of the “Recluse” series. L.E. Modesitt Jr. I hope to get into this series next year. That and David Weber’s “Honor Harrington” series.

Well, the Oiler’s are back to their losing ways again. They lost in Denver 3-0. I feel bad for the team. This is almost like the year they lost Ryan Smyth. They went on an 18 games losing streak. Then last year with all the injuries the team had losing the playoffs, the Edmonton Oiler’s had lost their starting goal tender and their leading goal scorer out for the season. The Oiler’s have got to do something but they don’t have a lot to work with. Best they could do is unload some expensive players and make some cap room. They might get a 20 goal scorer but not a big name like a Danny Heatley. I can see them getting rid of about four-five players for a couple of draft picks and mostly save some cap room but no more then that before the trade deadline March 3rd.

One of my projects is to research a paper for my Lodge. The topic I have in mind is on Occult Masonry. Mainly how I can tie in the 4 elements, of Earth, Air, Fire ,and Water and how they relate in a philosophical way into the WT.
At the moment his is just an idea germinating in the back of my mind. I’ve been thinking that maybe each lecture will be 15 minutes long spread over the course of four months. I’m also thinking about a WT ritual for each tool and the speculative relationship to occult principles. Most likely this is something I can work on in the summer and I’ll write the paper dividing it up into 4 parts. I’ll even record it as I go.

Today is Super bowl Sunday. I’m not a fan per se’ but I’ll channel surf to see what’s happening. I’m mostly into CFL and the season for that is usually about July first until about November 22nd.

I’m seriously Thinking about the Archos 5 Internet tablet but I also like the 64Gb ITouch as well. Cost comparison wise, they’re about the same but the Archos 5 has expandable memory while the ITouch isn’t expandable I like the IPhone as well but I don’t like being locked into a $65 month fee for 3 years. The ITouch’s drawback’s are the expandable memory and no external speakers is Anyway, that’s about all for now.

***

Continuing with the closing theme from above, at last I’ve narrowed it down to the Archos 5 Internet Tablet and the ITouch. One or the other. I’m leaning towards the ITouch. Firstly because it uses the ITunes market place for Windows and the Mac. The only drawback between the two, for the ITouch, there’s no expandable memory—bummer. Archos 5 No ITunes and there doesn’t seem to be (at the moment) a lot of Apps being written for the Archos. One thing the Archos has going for it is the expandable memory. I’ve got one file folder on my desk top and in this file folder I have 1,355 files comprising of 11.9 Gb. I’ve got another batch of about the same number of files on my old desktop I’m slowly trying to transfer over to my laptop. The thing I like about ITunes is that ITunes is available for the Mac and PC. Archos 5 is PC. Also the Price factor. Archos 5. Best Buy has the Archos 5 160Gb version for $329. That’s 105Gb more. Plus both have wi-fi. The ITouch 65Gb version is $397 at Best Buy. The winner: Well your going to have to come back tomorrow and see. Anne’s calling me for lunch and I’ve got a crap load of other things to do today.

No comments: