Thursday, March 4, 2010

I have a day off today

at the moment. My wife is begining to pay atention to the Oscars coming up soon. I hope Avatar wins one. Also I signed up on TweetDeck. Not exactly sure how to use it but I'll figure it out.

This book "City of Pearl" is an effort to read. And to think I bought the series. The premise looked good and all and I'm about 140 pages in but man is it's tough going. I hope I can finish this by the 15th. I don't know whatto read after Pearl. I know You can never go wrong with an RA Salvatore novel.

I had a good shift at work and I got a $125 card which bosted my card output and qualified me for the bonus. I ended up with a $10 bonus and some empties of course.

Over there at Pats Fantasy hotlist I entered my name in for the chance toWarriors, a new anthology edited by George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois. If I don't win this I'll probably buy a copy.

Tonight o Coast the thopic is on anthropology and Shamanism. Anthropologist, author and primary investigator of the Early Man sites in Ethiopia. Hank Wesselman will give an update on the latest discoveries in anthropology as well as the oldest and most reliable human technologies for accessing the realms of spirit. Yeah, this is more like it.

The other day a co worker sent me a shared YouTube video. Thanks Lou. Whilst not my musical genre I can appreciate the thought behind it. I sent him (first time doing this) a shared YouTube video of The Modern Lovers "Roadrunner" hehehe.

I was reading over there at New Scientest how Nasa is looking at using inflatable spacecraft etc. This is an initiative of Bigelow a company in Las Vegas and have been developing these technologies for some years now. Art bell had the owner of the company on Coast a year or so ago. Bigelow is looking at a test vehical called "Sundancer." Then they'll launch a node and propusion bus later. Two moduals will provide more room then the entire ISS now. Bigelow hopes to have inflatible moduals in space in about 3-4 years. I've been following this company for ahwile and I like what they are trying to do.

I also heard that Cern at the end of this month is going to crank up the LHC so this is good news. I hope they find the Higs.

And the Oilers were in Chicago last night. They actually took the lead 2-1 there fore awhile but then the hawks came back and won 5-2. Yikes. As long as the Oiler's can keep loosing then we have a good chance of getting some great players next year. The Oiler's in yesterdays Trade deadline dumped about $7M off of their payroll and got a few good players as well. I like the deals the Oiler's got today, good stuff.

My activity in RuneScape seems to have been languishing. I'm looking at playing Dungeons & Dragons online Or DDO as it's called. Not that there are any more players but I might play both as well. One of the guys last week was telling me that I can use toothpaste as a way to clean off scratches of my Oblivion CD. The nice thing about Xbox Live is that you can download an app that lets you save the game your playing to your hard drive. No more swaping and worrying about cleaning disks. I like this idea. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments: