Sunday, August 2, 2009

Saturday was very, quiet very strange

My wife left out of here about 4:15pm yesterday. She called on her break saying that she got into work with 10 minutes to spare. I didn’t do much Saturday. I woke up about 1am watched what was left over of the Winnipeg/Toronto game. 13-12 Winnipeg. Toronto’s home loss record is now at 8 games!

I couldn’t feel it what with the fan on my back all afternoon but apparently we got up to +31C as a high yesterday. Anne made some very tender side ribs for my supper but they were really greasy. I don’t ordinarily like side ribs but these were pretty good. On a scale from 1-10 I’d rate them a 7,

The bird cages were outside and the clouds were growing dark and the wind was picking up. I decided to bring the birds inside. We got some rain but the real casualty in all this was at the annual Big Valley Jamboree (a popular annual country western music gig in Camrose about 2 hours South of Edmonton.) the strong winds tore the roof off of the main stage killing one person and injuring 15 others. We Didn’t get much rain here but this was a scary storm. Not as bad as the storm a few weeks ago though. Even Heritage days was called off around the supper hour.

My entertainment last night consisted of watching the Riders/Calgary CFL game. The game started off slow but built up to a whacky finish. It ended up 24-23 Saskatchewan but the last 30 seconds were a real nail biter. It’s always good to see a Calgary pro sports team lose hehehe.

Oh, Friday after work when I went to Audrey’s they had one more day of their 20% off Science fiction Fantasy book sale. I thought Friday was August 1st. I’m running a day late it seems. We’re back on track now, I picked up the RA Salvatore’s Dark elf trilogy rather then the Ben Bova Sam Gunn Omnibus. I can get that next weekend at regular pricing. My next special order will be The New Space Opera 2 and 5 Warhammer Omnibus books.

Anne called me at her 8:30pm break saying she was going to deposit our rent money into her account. We’ve got the August rent taken care of, rental subsidy process underway and the August bus pass. Except for her lack of hours things are more or less stabilized. We really need that rental subsidy under control. Friday afternoon bm encouraged me to come in from 1:30pm-9. I’d like to and I just might. As for me, I’m out of here later today for my 2-6 Sunday shift and I’m back at about 7pm.

Anyway gang, that‘s all for now

No comments: