Monday, August 17, 2009

No real high points from Monday.......

With this being my 8th novel I've read so far this year, I’ve got about 128 pages left to go in “The Wilding.” I should have the book read before the end of the week. The I can start on “In the Company of others.”

This Saturday I’m performing curator duty with Dale at Fort Edmonton park Lodge. I’ve never been to Fort Edmonton park before although I’ve seen the pictures uploaded from Google Earth of the grounds but I have no clue as to where the Lodge is located. I don’t know if we’re in suit and full Masonic regalia, or how long we’re there for or if we’re there for or if we have to bring our own food or are we going to have a meal or what. Dale is a nice guy and all but we haven’t exactly resonated with each other. I’ll be calling people up today to find out what’s going on. I’ll bring my camera along and have Dale take a few photos of me.

Today the big guys are in the office, yawn. I’m there business as usual and to put my 4 hours in. Greg doesn’t know it yet but I won’t be in on Sunday because for my birthday Anne’s ordering me Pizza and we’ve got Summerslam all ordered. $39.99 + tax isn’t bad. Usually comes to about $45. I order 2 WWE pay per views each year from my “meager discretionary” income.

The other thing I’m observing this up coming weekend is Calgary’s Con Version-25. Now that I know when it’s on I can plan for next year. But I’d like to meet Tanya Huff and Terry Brooks. Get my photo taken with both, all 3 of us together. Next year I’m going to plan for a 1 day trip and head down there. Most likely there’s some from Edmonton venturing down but that’s for 3 days most likely. This year at our own Pure Speculation we’re having Spider Robinson join us and I’m definitely down with that in October…….12:20am> The above was from yesterday afternoon. Anne sat with me while I waited for my bus and I headed into work picking up my 6/49 ticket on the way in. The big bosses didn’t appear to be in but bm seemed pissed that I wasn’t in on Saturday and I had to remind him we made an arrangement I could trade Saturdays for Sundays and that I was in yesterday. We did BOB all night. Yeesh, what a disaster. I got a good haul of empties and no card sales this evening. I came close but the customer was away from her purse. I was glad to get out of there with a $220 total. I got “mugged” by some people I work with on the train crowding around me annoying me. So at the next stop I got off and took the last car and read on the way home.

I watched a pretty good Monday night Raw. DX made a brief comeback but they got ambushed by Legacy. On a scale from 1-10, I’d rate last nights show about a 6. DX needs to be Evolution with another wrestler in their ranks. Four would be better or at least 1 other wrestler with them. It was a good show but I’m sure this DX/Legacy storyline is just beginning to develop.

Anyway gang, that’s about all for now.

Jim

No comments: